Dabo is pissed about FSU / Clemson Cancellation

A_Slab_of_Bacon

Reaction score

Dabo:
This game was not canceled because of COVID. COVID was just an excuse to cancel the game

Apparently there was some disagreement between the two teams doctors about COVID precautions. Clemson brought a player to travel who was symptomatic ... up until Friday.... and FSU was not ok with that.

More details:

No idea why Dabo even brought this guy along on the trip....

Did they ever give the name of the player in question? Whole situation was very strange.

If I'm in FSU's shoes I wonder ... if Dabo gives no fucks and is happy to expose his whole team to this player, what else has he been up to?

They also brought a player to ND for that game who tested positive, didn't play, but for some reason brought him.

Pretty dumb in my opinion that had tested positive. Don't doubt that Florida didn't want to play Clemson.
Meh, Florida state may know they avoided a loss but it is smarter not to play the game regardless

To each their own, but when you are to be responsible to all involved, Dabo looks like a buffoon. Why put your team in that situation? You have 100 players on the roster and 85 scholarships.

To each their own, but when you are to be responsible to all involved, Dabo looks like a buffoon. Why put your team in that situation? You have 100 players on the roster and 85 scholarships.

"Everyone here was excited, and wanted the opportunity to compete. the protocols that are in place to ensure the health and well-being of our athletes, we don't take lightly."

"Football coaches are not doctors -- some of us think we are."

From the article: “Clemson's offensive lineman practiced while being symptomatic throughout the week.” That player then tested positive on Friday.

Dabo, you do not get to blow a gasket about this. You let a symptomatic player practice with the rest of the team and travel with you.

From the article: “Clemson's offensive lineman practiced while being symptomatic throughout the week.” That player then tested positive on Friday.

Dabo, you do not get to blow a gasket about this. You let a symptomatic player practice with the rest of the team and travel with you.
Im not sure how contract tracing is going to work but I would have a hard time putting my team out there against Clemson this week or next assuming that player entered a huddle or blocked anyone at practice

Im not sure how contract tracing is going to work but I would have a hard time putting my team out there against Clemson this week or next assuming that player entered a huddle or blocked anyone at practice
Agreed. If that is true, Clemson put FSU in a terrible spot. If anything Clemson should be paying money to FSU and the ACC for their negligence/ignorance. There is zero chance that ACC protocols allow for a symptomatic player to practice and travel with the team.

Dabo:

Agreed. If that is true, Clemson put FSU in a terrible spot. If anything Clemson should be paying money to FSU and the ACC for their negligence/ignorance. There is zero chance that ACC protocols allow for a symptomatic player to practice and travel with the team.
Yeah. The purpose of the daily testing in the big ten is to help avoid 14 day quarantines.
So a player tests positive. Gets isolated. Never interacts with people while positive.

Seems like Clemson has a case. Practices him. Says whoops.

the Clemson scenario is exactly what shut down all these high school teams all season.
Even if all the close contacts of the positive Clemson tested negative today, they’re at risk of developing positive results for days if not two weeks since last contact.

What a dip$hit. Originally I saw that FSU decided not to play and thought that it was a cop-out because it was one player. An excuse to avoid a steamrolling.

Nope. Mike Norvell doesn't want his team to get infected. Good call. Dabo needs to get his $hit together.

Dabo's probably right about FSU ditching the game. Not sure he should have said something publicly the way he did because people would go apeshit (the way they have). In some ways, good for him for saying something. NCAA football and playoffs is billion dollar business, Dabo probably has a reason why he's making a stink

Considering it's late November and to my knowledge there has yet to be one single verified and documented case of COVID being transmitted while competing in a sporting event, this seems like a really odd position for FSU but to each their own. The CoronaBros don't want to hear anything like that though

I was an early Dabo adopter (look at me, lol, patting meself on the back), but now, I'm starting to cool on him; this and his Covid early season rant have me thinky that the is headed towards becoming the Grand Pooba of Sanctimonyville. T

Ick

From a conversation with my friend who is a national football writer (but focuses mostly on the ACC) and has been covering Dabo very closely for 5+ years:

Me: "Thoughts on Dabo? Why did he bring one player who had tested positive recently?"

Writer: "Dabo is stuck in the same Republican echo chamber as half the rest of the country."

Sad, but very true

From a conversation with my friend who is a national football writer (but focuses mostly on the ACC) . . .

Writer: "Dabo is stuck in the same Republican echo chamber as half the rest of the country."
Not a Dabo fan myself, but it is possible this writer may also be in an echo chamber of his own, comprised of so-called "journalists".

From a conversation with my friend who is a national football writer (but focuses mostly on the ACC) and has been covering Dabo very closely for 5+ years:

Me: "Thoughts on Dabo? Why did he bring one player who had tested positive recently?"

Sad, but very true
Cool story, bro. Tell it again

I really disliked Dabo pre-civid. This has absolutely cemented him as an moron. What the fuck is wrong with him?
For anyone that bothered to look very far into this situation; it obviously doesn't fit the narrative that some people want to put this in but as far as the game being missed, this really wasn't that big of a deal for either school.

It only escalated and Swinney became heated when Norvell decided to play the "we care more about our players than Clemson does" card. I would think if you tell a HC at a P5 school, particularly one as accomplished as Swinney, that he doesn't care about his players or a rival coach spouts off in the media that he cares more than he does, safe to say the response is going to be a little bit heated

For anyone that bothered to look very far into this situation; it obviously doesn't fit the narrative that some people want to put this in but as far as the game being missed, this really wasn't that big of a deal for either school.

It only escalated and Swinney became heated when Norvell decided to play the "we care more about our players than Clemson does" card. I would think if you tell a HC at a P5 school, particularly one as accomplished as Swinney, that he doesn't care about his players or a rival coach spouts off in the media that he cares more than he does, safe to say the response is going to be a little bit heated

No, you're wrong. Swinney came out on Sunday night in his presser with their AD and started everything by saying that FSU used COVID as an excuse cause they did not want to play. It was only then that Norvell retorted on Monday saying what you mentioned.

Not surprising though that you're spinning it like that. We know facts are "optional" at best in your world, right?

Here is a timeline laying it all out: https://www.espn.com/college-footba...attles-inevitable-challenges-playing-pandemic

Cool story, BRO. Before you tell yours again, maybe you can go to OAN and find a timeline that suits your "facts".

EDIT: BOOM. ROASTED like a turkey tomorrow. :ROFLMAO:

The mere fact that Dabo was upset has generated so much blather is another sign that people are not paying enough attention to the real tragedies happening all around them.

Furthermore, my initial post about Dabo being in an echo chamber is only stronger now. Norvell and FSU, for example, have been keeping players away from the facility who have been feeling any symptoms. Dabo, on the other hand, has players who are exhibiting symptoms continuing to practice and be around the rest of the team up until they receive a positive test. No sense of being proactive or cautious with Dabo. He is continuing to show a lack of respect for the virus and is operating in the gray areas as much as he can. Exemplified by their decisions to bring a player who was a risk on the FSU trip. Now he is acting like a little bitch because it backfired.

Also, I guess Dabo is taking a page out of the Trump playbook and throwing more "facts" out there when he feels like it.

" Swinney fired back on his Monday night radio show, again lambasting FSU and building on a debunked story that, just a week earlier, Pitt had traveled with a sick player and Florida State still played the game. (According to a source at Pitt, that is not true.) "

Did you really think that Pitt would admit traveling with a player that was sick? If so, you are dumber than I previously thought.

Did you really think that Pitt would admit traveling with a player that was sick? If so, you are dumber than I previously thought.

Also regardless of this Pitt/FSU thing, my previous two points about Plausible Deniability 100% rearranging the way things went down between Dabo and Norvell for his own political narrative AND Dabo clearly bending the rules and guidelines as much as he can still stand strong.

So because Trum - I mean Dabo - said so, it's a fact??

How does Dabo have this info? But nobody else does?

Also other reporters are reporting the player didn't travel / was not symptomatic as recently as the player Dabo brought with. I'm sure they're in on the great Pitt player secretly traveled cover up ....

Everyone must be in on it ... that sounds familiar....

Top Bottom