D-III program building one of the largest indoor practice facilities in college football

Congratulations on the facility! That's pretty cool!
Story has two topics...bashing D3 football seems pretty dumb to me. (AH, I just now see the sarcasm bar) I think you could make an argument that nobody should play football health wise. You enter the arena knowing the health risks. But to single out D3 doesn't make sense to me. There is a tremendous amount of value in the lives of those people participating in D3 football. The experiences and life lessons those participating will receive will serve those people well.

https://foundation.uwec.edu/support-your-passion/buildings-facilities/sonnentag/

As to DI: no chance. UW Board of Regents will never allow another UW to have DI football. They can go DI, but have to drop football, like Milwaukee and Green Bay.

Maybe they'd allow it if Pioneer League (operates under DIII rules), but still don't see it. Just a gateway to one day get scholarships and compete for recruits against Madison.

They absolutely should be forced to go DII. None of the UW schools should be allowed to stay in DIII.

This sounds a little less D1 when reading more about it:

A 5k seat event center, some private businesses space, all run by a non profit who leases the facility to the school and others.

Before everyone gets their panties in a bunch....Barstool will say and do pretty much anything for content. Their takes are meant to be goofy and controversial. Portnoy is a marketing genius and has saved many restaurants (a couple local) that were almost put out of business by the shamdemic.

Top Bottom