Current Visitors

calminnfan

Reaction score
Anyone have any info on visitors and if there are potential commits? Also, and update on Estime?

I'm not in a Rivals member but Lloyd Carrington left today or yesterday and their teaser headline just says that the trip exceeds expectations... He's currently visting Pitt, which I've always heard isn't the greatest campus... Per MV though Pitt has immediate playing time to offer the DB recruits.

I'm not in a Rivals member but Lloyd Carrington left today or yesterday and their teaser headline just says that the trip exceeds expectations... He's currently visting Pitt, which I've always heard isn't the greatest campus... Per MV though Pitt has immediate playing time to offer the DB recruits.

I said this on another thread... As a guy who chose between Pitt and the U, I can tell you Pitt's campus is nothing to brag about. It is in a pretty bad section of Pittsburgh and is not distinct from the city either. The campus is a couple miles from downtown but when I toured, I couldn't tell if the buildings were business offices or school buildings. Also, they play at Heinz Field, which is a couple miles off campus. Pitt never even comes close to filling the stadium for their football games. It has no college feel when you see an entire section closed off full of seats that aren't even a school color. The place is completely dedicated to the Steelers, and for some, that may be cool, but for others, they would prefer their own place.

Thanks GopherinPitt, couldn't remember where I had read that before.

I said this on another thread... As a guy who chose between Pitt and the U, I can tell you Pitt's campus is nothing to brag about. It is in a pretty bad section of Pittsburgh and is not distinct from the city either. The campus is a couple miles from downtown but when I toured, I couldn't tell if the buildings were business offices or school buildings. Also, they play at Heinz Field, which is a couple miles off campus. Pitt never even comes close to filling the stadium for their football games. It has no college feel when you see an entire section closed off full of seats that aren't even a school color. The place is completely dedicated to the Steelers, and for some, that may be cool, but for others, they would prefer their own place.

Wow! Didn't some Rivals or ESPN guy give Pitt a 4 star school in football?

Wow! Didn't some Rivals or ESPN guy give Pitt a 4 star school in football?

I think so. I also got turned off by how they bragged about the Swanson School of Engineering building being brand new scheduled to open... the year I would have graduated. Take a look at Pitt's campus through google maps or google earth. It's definitely hard to differentiate campus from city.

At the risk of coming off as overly sentimental or something, this is the kind of post/poster that makes this board great. I've only been here for about 3.5 years but the quality and breadth of posters signing up here has increased and really upped the quality of information available here. I mean, the question was that someone heard the Pitt campus was nothing to sneeze at and this guy spells it out chapter and verse because he has seen it first hand. Fantastic.

I fell in love wth the U Campus the first time I visited, and I have never understood people who don't like it. That said, on a 36 hour visit, or whatever it is, it is not too hard to structure the travel so people only see the good stuff, or at least see it from the best angle possible.

I took your advice and went to 'bing maps' and used the birds eye view of Pitt campus, and I was constantly going back to the 'map view' with labels to check if I was still looking at campus. It looks more like downtown Cedar Rapids than a major University. You usually see a grassy knoll area in the center of most of the classroom buildings, there virtually isn't any at Pitt. Just busy city streets and sidewalks going from campus building to building. When I finally thought I found that grassy knoll area, it was actually an entirely different college adjacent to Pitt., Carnegie Mellon Univ. Not entirely sure what really draws anyone there TBH...

I took your advice and went to 'bing maps' and used the birds eye view of Pitt campus, and I was constantly going back to the 'map view' with labels to check if I was still looking at campus. It looks more like downtown Cedar Rapids than a major University. You usually see a grassy knoll area in the center of most of the classroom buildings, there virtually isn't any at Pitt. Just busy city streets and sidewalks going from campus building to building. When I finally thought I found that grassy knoll area, it was actually an entirely different college adjacent to Pitt., Carnegie Mellon Univ. Not entirely sure what really draws anyone there TBH...

It is far from a college town. Also, the topography around campus there makes it a complete wind tunnel at all times, which... sucks.

Top Bottom