Current Roster

Does anyone have an idea of the updated roster and how many scholarships we have left?

Returning
G/F Gach Senior
F Inhen Junior

Transfers
F/C Fox Junior
G/F Sutherlin Senior
G Stephens Senior
G Loewe Senior
F Battle Junior

Incoming
C Thompson Freshmen

Is this correct? Would that mean we only have 5 scholarships left not including Johnson if he comes back? If this is the Roster, we need to add another Guard, Combo Forward 3/4, and a Center and maybe take a chance on a Freshmen PG but if McNeily's nephew is coming then maybe we don't even need another Guard.
Did I miss something about Freeman and Mitchell transferring?

How many more victories will the Gophers have then New Mexico 2021-22? My money is on 2.

How many more victories will the Gophers have then New Mexico 2021-22? My money is on 2.
Remember, Pitino comes out roaring in year 1, but will lose all momentum by year 3. I hope our low point is year 1 with improvement each year over year.

Returning
G/F Gach Senior
F Inhen Junior

Transfers
F/C Fox Junior
G/F Sutherlin Senior
G Stephens Senior
G Loewe Senior
F Battle Junior
G Payton Willis Senior

Incoming
C Thompson Freshmen

Returning
G/F Gach Senior
F Inhen Junior

Transfers
F/C Fox Junior
G/F Sutherlin Senior
G Stephens Senior
G Loewe Senior
F Battle Junior
G Payton Willis Senior

Incoming
C Thompson Freshmen
What's the word on Thompson?

Returning
G/F Gach Senior
F Inhen Junior

Transfers
F/C Fox Junior
G/F Sutherlin Senior
G Stephens Senior
G Loewe Senior
F Battle Junior
G Payton Willis Senior

Incoming
C Thompson Freshmen
Not meaning to be a prick here just going by years of eligibility to straighten it in my head:

G/F Gach Senior (2 Years Eligibility)
F Inhen Junior (3 Years)

Transfers
F/C Fox Junior (2 Years)
G/F Sutherlin Senior (1 Year)
G Stephens Senior (1 Year)
G Loewe Senior (1 Year)
F Battle Junior (3 Years)
G Payton Willis Senior (1 Year)

Incoming
C Thompson Freshmen (4 Years)

1/2
Willis
Stephens
Loewe

2/3
Gach
Sutherlin

3/4
Battle
Ihnen

4/5
Fox
Thompson

1/2
Willis
Stephens
Loewe

2/3
Gach
Sutherlin

3/4
Battle
Ihnen

4/5
Fox
Thompson
Only thing I might switch for conversations sake is Stephens to the 2/3 as I'm not sure if he can run the 1. And then Ihnen into the 3-5 range.

We don’t have any clear cut stars like we had with Carr last year. But I like that there will be competition at each position. This was always a problem under Pitino.

So we hope the 2 A&M kids and then room for 1-2 more??

So we hope the 2 A&M kids and then room for 1-2 more??
if my count is correct....we have 9 guys right now.....fingers crossed on the 2 A&M kids puts us at 11....so should have 2 more to play with?

Returning
G/F Gach Senior
F Inhen Junior

Transfers
F/C Fox Junior
G/F Sutherlin Senior
G Stephens Senior
G Loewe Senior
F Battle Junior
G Payton Willis Senior

Incoming
C Thompson Freshmen
Thompson is listed as a forward on the bio I read.

You add those 2 A & M kids, then a ball handler and a big, I might just be ready for next year sooner than I thought....

Pohto for sure is not coming back according to this Fuller article. Apologies if that was already announced somewhere.

And I totally forgot that Curry and Willis are really good friends. Both AR boys. So makes sense he would want to come here

Most likely will add Cashius McNeilly. He was very highly rated out of high school, this video has him as the top PG out of Canada. His uncle, Coach McNeilly said he has outstanding BB IQ and court awareness. This video mentions that there were some NBA scouts taking note of him.

Here is an earlier workout from 2017 that shows some good control of the ball and nice shooting touch:

This yr the big ten win record will mirror past years - the steady eddy teams that maintain the same roster for 4-5 years willl finish toward the top while the churn and burn teams are on the bottom. MN will be on the bottom. Soon we will blame the stadium for the losses - once the coach starts blaming the stadium/fans - fire him.

Top Bottom