CU Post-Mortem

Another one from my memory vault. October 1, 2011. Gophers get routed by Michigan 58-donut and I make the mistake of going to the birthday party of an acquaintance immediately afterwards without changing out of my Gophers apparel. Keep in mind, this was a part of mostly completely strangers and I just got ragged on all afternoon.

I hated that day.
My mom laughed out loud. We had got back from picking apples. Epplegarten

Don’t wanna turn this into a 30-30 type post but I do worry about CU in the long run.

In my opinion, the U has done a great of supporting Fleck while also insulating the school for when he inevitably moves on. I don’t know if Colorado will/can do the same with Deion. It seems like he has as much support as that school and network can offer but I doubt he stays there long term. I don’t wanna be the “he’ll be gone next year” guy but I also think he’ll continue to ascend the CFB ladder to bigger brands.

I could be entirely wrong and he stays there for 5-10 years. In the case he doesn’t though I could see where the power vacuum hits them hard after he leaves. I like seeing CU be good, especially now that our home/away series is over, but I also don’t think that once some of his stars move on the blue bloods will come sniffing and lure him away. When he does I’ll be interested to see how they move. Either way, if I was a legit CU fan I’d strap into the ride and enjoy the hell out of this era no matter how long it lasts.

Top Bottom