Creative Charters Bowl Package vs. Alumni Association Bowl Package

G Man

Reaction score
Does anyone know why Creative Charter is able to offer a 6 night package at the same hotel for the same price the Alumni Association is offering only 3 nights? Is there something I'm missing? So much for being a lifetime Alumni Member.

Creative Charters doesn't include a game ticket, FWIW. But even so the difference in price is pretty large.

why is it they can never just charter the plane? some don't need the Hyatt Regency, the Courtyard by Marriott would do just fine

why is it they can never just charter the plane? some don't need the Hyatt Regency, the Courtyard by Marriott would do just fine

I don't need either, just cheap, (cattle car), airfare to get me there.
The Folks' house in Kissimmee will do just fine.
Please post if there is just a cheap plane ticket.

Seriously, Sun Country could set up 3 planes at $300 R/T and fill them all.

Most folks are just looking for a couple of reasonably priced plane tickets to get down there.

You want cattle car try Spirit. Round trip around 350 some days they offer direct flights.

Seriously, Sun Country could set up 3 planes at $300 R/T and fill them all.

Thank God you're not in charge of Sun Country. They would be out of business before the game is played.

Fyi cheapest tickets found online Tues-Fri are about $700.

Thank god I had just enough miles leftover from my previous jobs' travel to cover a round trip on Delta. Outbound flight needed a connection at DTW to do it, but was totally worth it. Without that, I don't think we would have gone. Wife and I are spending $1k on just lodging/2tickets/car rental for Wed-Sun.

Downside of going somewhere nice.....

It is the downside of bowl lineups not being decided until December 9th. Less than a month before your travel date. Airfare will not be reasonable compared to a different timeframe.

I really wish I could go to this game, but even pricing out a single night in Orlando, with a free hotel night certificate, car, parking, etc. comes out to more than $1500 for me and my wife. And that is mostly because the flight is $650 per person. One day, I will swing it.

That's courtesy of the silver spoon conservatives that are in charge of the Alumni Club

Anyone know if Creative Charters buys their game tickets from the allotment the U needs to try and sell? Hopefully, as would like to make sure the U is rightfully getting credit for those game ticket sales to their allotment sales grand total. Thx

Anyone know if Creative Charters buys their game tickets from the allotment the U needs to try and sell? Hopefully, as would like to make sure the U is rightfully getting credit for those game ticket sales to their allotment sales grand total. Thx

Tickets are NOT included in creative charters package. If you go wit CC, you are on your own for tickets, just like UMAA package. Just an FYI.

$914 airfare & hotel deal for two at Expedia.com! Game tickets not included.

orlando deal.jpg

Creative charters just added a 3 night trip. Couple hundred less than Alumni Association. CC will include game tickets for the extra cost. Past years they have always gotten the tickets from the Gopher ticket office.

Creative Charters Tickets are from the University

Creative charters just added a 3 night trip. Couple hundred less than Alumni Association. CC will include game tickets for the extra cost. Past years they have always gotten the tickets from the Gopher ticket office.

Thank you for the update. Glad to hear Creative Charters does go through the University for the game tickets they do offer to sell.

It might be worth checking deltavacations.com or costco.com for travel packages. The deals I'm seeing from the Gophers or Creative aren't exactly steals. You may get a cheaper deal and/or better hotel through one of the above.

Please keep in mind desperate times may call for desperate measures.
I know it would be painful to do, but I'd love to hear of Gopher fans (traveling incognito) on the Hawkeyes Charter. I can see it now.......The Gazette reporting RECORD TRAVEL on Charter Flights this year.
200 people get off plane and head to Orlando!
What just happened? " Oh, we don't charter singles out of MSP so we thought we'd hop on yours in disguise and ruin your 2015 as well!"
"What the heck is with that carry-on you're toting?" "Oh, nothing, just a Bronze Pig of ours. Have a nice day." "Send Cougar Chicken our regards!"

Top Bottom