Crazy Joe Davola=Deep Throat?

akgopher

Reaction score
If the reports are accurate that we are waiting until tomorrow because of sensitive timing, I ask why did we listen to Doogie, Dienhart, Schmidt, the GI crew, etc? Follow the cryptic hints in his posts and you'll see we have an internal leak.

First hint that he has a connection:
"would you share a name with a bunch of people on a website that may or may not include members of the media that may get a friend of yours fired (due to recent leaks at the U)"

A sneaky hint that flew above our heads:
"Fedora, Riley, Calhoun, Schiano and Hoke"

Playing with the riddle like he's BTK and Zodiak:
"I never said Calhoun was the hire! But I have given five names that should be closely monitored."

Go back to Calhoun hint and the only state with the perception that women's hoops is really big:
"no longer wants to be 2nd or 3rd fiddle in the state."

Hint the deal was struck, now explain the wait until today. Game?
"pen meet paper'

The final test for CJD's credibility. Did Joel meet the implied coach here, or his agent?
"for Jags, seems a bit odd doesn't it? two others were met with, Jags not a candidate."

hmm. Interesting. Maybe that's why he included Riley, for the misdirection. It never made any sense that Riley would come here, but he was the only one that really made sense for the 'second-fiddle' quote.

I think he's the only one who has actually known all along - at least I'd like to believe so.

Besides - no offense to Doogie - he's by far been the most entertaining.

on Calhoun: he seemed to reject CU almost immediately. Are we to believe he would do that, but come to MN? That's one part I don't follow.

If the reports are accurate that we are waiting until tomorrow because of sensitive timing, I ask why did we listen to Doogie, Dienhart, Schmidt, the GI crew, etc? Follow the cryptic hints in his posts and you'll see we have an internal leak.

First hint that he has a connection:
"would you share a name with a bunch of people on a website that may or may not include members of the media that may get a friend of yours fired (due to recent leaks at the U)"

A sneaky hint that flew above our heads:
"Fedora, Riley, Calhoun, Schiano and Hoke"

Playing with the riddle like he's BTK and Zodiak:
"I never said Calhoun was the hire! But I have given five names that should be closely monitored."

Go back to Calhoun hint and the only state with the perception that women's hoops is really big:
"no longer wants to be 2nd or 3rd fiddle in the state."

Hint the deal was struck, now explain the wait until today. Game?
"pen meet paper'

The final test for CJD's credibility. Did Joel meet the implied coach here, or his agent?
"for Jags, seems a bit odd doesn't it? two others were met with, Jags not a candidate."

I don't remember any reference to women's basketball if there was basketball is king at UCONN.

Jim Calhoun, UConn Hoops Coach and king of the state of Connecticut. He threw his name out there in place of Edsalls and part of the riddle.

I think he more bounced off of the comments made of others.

Jim Calhoun, UConn Hoops Coach and king of the state of Connecticut. He threw his name out there in place of Edsalls and part of the riddle.

So it's Edsall??

Man, all that whiskey has addled my brain....

So it is suppose to be Calhoun? I would be fine with that

why in the he!! would we wait so long to hire Calhoun when his season was over a week or two ago???? this tells me its not him.

Can it be anyone but edsall?? in a fantasy world chris peterson

coaching profile

run first team that plays defense similar to our neighbors to the South and East

has done well in recruiting Florida

experience building a program

a couple fo those Maturi mentioned he was looking for

I clearly don't watch enough movies. So it's Edsall then. Meh. OK.

Stop for a moment and consider the possibility that "Crazy Joe" is just another clueless rube (like most of us), and that the "hints" he has been throwing out are nothing more than conjecture based on the rumors running rampant here and elsewhere. Having considered that, now consider the hilarity of this thread. Priceless.

Stop for a moment and consider the possibility that "Crazy Joe" is just another clueless rube (like most of us), and that the "hints" he has been throwing out are nothing more than conjecture based on the rumors running rampant here and elsewhere. Having considered that, now consider the hilarity of this thread. Priceless.

That's where the Omaha hint puts his credibility to task and would separate him from the pack if that detail proves true.

Yeah, but that's what makes these things so fun. Key is to not take it very seriously. :)

why in the he!! would we wait so long to hire Calhoun when his season was over a week or two ago???? this tells me its not him.

Can it be anyone but edsall?? in a fantasy world chris peterson

June Jones and George O'Leary are playing today, too....

June Jones and George O'Leary are playing today, too....

IMHO, June Jones would be dangerous here. I was in Hawaii for three years when he was head coach and was thoroughly impressed by UH football. The guy was universally beloved there, and for good reason. They played an exciting brand of football, consistently knocked off teams from bigger conferences, and even went to a BCS bowl. All the while, they were working on a shoe-string budget and with facilities that can only be described as decrepit. Considering the possibility of his coming here is very intriguing to me...

flightaware on Edsall anyone? UConn to Omaha?

Pretty interesting analysis. However, if you go back to before Brewster was fired (probably a good month before), CJD was saying that Troy Calhoun would be his dream hire. That definitely detracts from the Edsall supposition.

Edsall's a decent coach, but if he's the guy it's a major letdown for me. This whole search has a Seinfeld finale vibe to it. There's so much anticipation but at the end of the process, it's going to be fall far, far short of my expectations.

Edsall's a decent coach, but if he's the guy it's a major letdown for me. This whole search has a Seinfeld finale vibe to it. There's so much anticipation but at the end of the process, it's going to be fall far, far short of my expectations.
By setting your expectations lower you can avoid that let down. It's what works for me currently.

Looks like our coaching search has become a scavanger hunt.

Yeah, that's a good way to characterize it. DPO going to airport, CJD as our riddling Sphynx. It's all there.

Comedy of the absurd.

My Gopher football motto for 2010 was: "Don't expect anything and you'll never be disappointed."

My Gopher football motto for 2010 was: "Don't expect anything and you'll never be disappointed."

Assume the worst, that way any surprises are good ones. If we'd have all assumed it was Trestman, we'd all be celebrating tomorrow. I hope, anyway.

Top Bottom