Craig McDonald receives immediate eligibility for the rest of the 2023 season

We need all the help we can get in the secondary and we need Tyler Nubin to return to his previous stellar form.

Hopefully he can help shore up the pass defense!

NCAA is a joke. I don't know the ins and outs of the this transfer, but the fact he is eligible now and not 4 weeks ago is ridiculous. He should be given an extra year if he would like one.
For sure, and the fact that he’s eligible and Tez Walker isn’t is inexcusable. Cannot see a single reason why McDonald has a stronger case than him.

We can use some more dbs!

Congrats to Craig, great for the Gophers!

NCAA is such a pathetic joke. He had zero argument to be cleared this year, if Walker didn't. Whatever, we'll take it

NCAA is a joke. I don't know the ins and outs of the this transfer, but the fact he is eligible now and not 4 weeks ago is ridiculous. He should be given an extra year if he would like one.
Would be really interesting to know the reasoning behind why they reversed their decision in this case. Great for us but really makes zero sense why the decision is suddenly changed 4 weeks into the year.

I was fully on board with the NCAA making second transfers sit a year (still am) but it is stuff like this that makes them so frustrating for teams because you have a case like McDonald's get approved while Tez Walker in a very similar situation (at least as far as we can tell from the outside) remains ineligible.

Would be really interesting to know the reasoning behind why they reversed their decision in this case. Great for us but really makes zero sense why the decision is suddenly changed 4 weeks into the year.

I was fully on board with the NCAA making second transfers sit a year (still am) but it is stuff like this that makes them so frustrating for teams because you have a case like McDonald's get approved while Tez Walker in a very similar situation (at least as far as we can tell from the outside) remains ineligible.
I've said it before on here but this is what I would do.

All players receive 5 years of eligibility - No redshirts outside of medical redshirts.
Players can transfer and receive immediate eligibility for the next season.
Each time you transfer you lose 1 of your 5 years of eligibility.

I just hate how arbitrary the NCAA seems to be

giphy.gif

*This post does not apply to programs like Ohio St or Georgia. Requests from them go in the "Approve Automatically" pile.

I'll be interested to see how the S position is handled. Henderson & McDonald are both large safeties. You could use either in place of a WOLB. I'm sure Rossi has a package where Nubin, Henderson & McDonald are all on their field together. This would seem to push Green down the depth chart. Hopefully it also pushes Ryan Selig to the bench, as well. Watching the 1st 3 games it's obvious to me that he's not a Big 10 player. Adding McDonald & Lindenberg into the mix could really shift our D.

Didn't want to start a new thread but looks like Tez Walker is now eligible as well. So weird that the NCAA is reversing these decisions multiple weeks into the season. But when has the NCAA ever done anything consistent.....

Was he not in game shape or is he not good enough? Given our secondary's struggles I'm surprised he wasn't out there, but admittedly I don't know much about him.

Didn't want to start a new thread but looks like Tez Walker is now eligible as well. So weird that the NCAA is reversing these decisions multiple weeks into the season. But when has the NCAA ever done anything consistent.....

this supposedly is because UNC fucked up their paperwork and didn't submit everything.

this supposedly is because UNC fucked up their paperwork and didn't submit everything.
lol....if that is true and the only reason he was ineligible was because UNC screwed up I hope that gets published everywhere so that UNC look like fools for all the complaining they did about the decision.

Top Bottom