CrAb leaning on returning in 2023.

I can kind of understand how some may have wanted Morgan not to come back this year (even if I disagree). But how could anyone who has seen the current state of our WR not want CRAB back for next year?

I can kind of understand how some may have wanted Morgan not to come back this year (even if I disagree). But how could anyone who has seen the current state of our WR not want CRAB back for next year?
On a realted note I can't imagine having the Greek Gopher struggling this year without CRAB would do well / would be helpful.

He can stay as long as he wants as far as I’m concerned. It’s not like we have any other receivers that can step up.

Agreed. CrAB is a stud. Injuries have really knocked him back from his potential. It would be awesome for him to pull together a full season next year to showcase his abilities.

I would not bring him back. There is a time to leave and now is the time. Recruit or develop somebody else. He did his thing here and congratulations to him, got his degree I hope.
On a team that has zero receiving talent and you have a guy that knows the system up and down and has the potential to be an all big-ten type of player and you don't want him? I get it, it seems like maybe it's time for him personally to move on with life, but if he is willing to come back, this guy instantly becomes your #1 with a bullet point, it will help the team immensly.

Agreed. CrAB is a stud. Injuries have really knocked him back from his potential. It would be awesome for him to pull together a full season next year to showcase his abilities.
Not only that but he plays a position that having a guy stick around won’t prevent younger guys from playing/developing

Easier to package guys in

Definitely good to get Crab back. Still need to hit the portal for a couple of receivers.

Would be huge for the offense....seeing as how many of the skill positions we'll be turning over.

Selfishly, this is great news for us!

I really hope we can have a decent year next year, with how brutal the schedule is. Make it worthwhile for him.

No idea what his prospects are like in the league, but obviously he needs another year to "prove" himself to have a real chance.

On the surface, good news.

But it's not a sign of a healthy program. Isnt PJ supposed to be "constantly recruiting everyone's replacement?"

On the surface, good news.

But it's not a sign of a healthy program. Isnt PJ supposed to be "constantly recruiting everyone's replacement?"
Having a really good player come back for another year due to a medical redshirt is not a sign of an unhealthy program.

There is no negative to CRAB coming back next year. It is good for him because it will give him a chance to prove he is healthy and hopefully get him drafted. And it is good for the team because it will give our new QB a really talented, experienced option at WR.

Obviously it would be great if we had a roster full of elite receivers and were in a position to say we don't need a player as good as CRAB. But there are very few teams in the country that are so loaded at the WR position that they wouldn't welcome the return of their top WR from the previous season. Last time I checked there are 2-3 WR on the field every play, so it isn't like opportunities won't still be there for the other receivers on the roster with CRAB back.

Having a really good player come back for another year due to a medical redshirt is not a sign of an unhealthy program.

There is no negative to CRAB coming back next year. It is good for him because it will give him a chance to prove he is healthy and hopefully get him drafted. And it is good for the team because it will give our new QB a really talented, experienced option at WR.

Obviously it would be great if we had a roster full of elite receivers and were in a position to say we don't need a player as good as CRAB. But there are very few teams in the country that are so loaded at the WR position that they wouldn't welcome the return of their top WR from the previous season. Last time I checked there are 2-3 WR on the field every play, so it isn't like opportunities won't still be there for the other receivers on the roster with CRAB back.
Its not a sign of a healthy program.

Its not a sign of a healthy program.
This particular situation is not a sign of an unhealthy program either. It is simply a star player getting an extra year due to injury. Happens all the time.

I would not bring him back. There is a time to leave and now is the time. Recruit or develop somebody else. He did his thing here and congratulations to him, got his degree I hope.
Good thing you’re not a coach. You
Don’t want our best receiver back? You think it’s going to develop more people. Come on.

Top Bottom