CrAb leaning on returning in 2023.

If he can get enough NIL money coming in (How well are his shirts selling right now?) it makes sense to stay another year.
Having a veteran WR like him will be great to ease the transition for a new QB next year.

He's probably not an NFL draft pick at this point, but could be with a big, healthy season. It's either return to the Gophers or join the UDFA circuit.

It's also another free year of school that should help him finish a grad degree if he hasn't already.

If he can get enough NIL money coming in (How well are his shirts selling right now?) it makes sense to stay another year.
Having a veteran WR like him will be great to ease the transition for a new QB next year.
Agreed. It was really too bad that this season was cut short because looked to be on his way to a really good one statistically. Right now his career totals are 125 receptions (12th all time) 1,970 receiving yards (9th all time) and 13 touchdowns (13th all time).

Receivers2.png

ReceiversExample1.png

that'll help

Still need at least another WR and maybe one of current guys to step up

Agreed. It was really too bad that this season was cut short because looked to be on his way to a really good one statistically. Right now his career totals are 125 receptions (12th all time) 1,970 receiving yards (9th all time) and 13 touchdowns (13th all time).

View attachment 21552

View attachment 21551
If he had kept that 2022 average yards per reception up for all 12 games, he likely would've ended 5 in total yards just under Tutu Atwell.

I would not bring him back. There is a time to leave and now is the time. Recruit or develop somebody else. He did his thing here and congratulations to him, got his degree I hope.
He can expand his education for free, and also get more notice for the scouts with his play after losing a season. No brainer to stay in my opinion.

I would not bring him back. There is a time to leave and now is the time. Recruit or develop somebody else. He did his thing here and congratulations to him, got his degree I hope.
lol, dumb.

Good news.

Hopefully Nubin and BSF join him.
I'm almost positive Fleck mentioned Nubin having another year to get better in his presser or post game this past week. So it sounded like he'll be back next year unless he finishes with some crazy games and his stock is too high to say no to the NFL. No clue how his test numbers will look either.

I'm almost positive Fleck mentioned Nubin having another year to get better in his presser or post game this past week. So it sounded like he'll be back next year unless he finishes with some crazy games and his stock is too high to say no to the NFL. No clue how his test numbers will look either.

Fleck joked on his radio show this week that he is trying to keep Nubin a secret from the NFL scouts. I thought is sounded like PJ knows Nubin will be headed to the NFL after this season. I could have misinterpreted.

Not bring him back? Why is now the time to leave? That's quite a silly take, to put is politely.

Listen to the podcast they referenced in the article. What a great attitude he has. He was incredible in that interview. I'd love to have him back on this team next year. He'd be a perfect guy to have back to help the new WRs. And, yes, he said is working on his masters degree right now. Those are the type of people you want on the team, not chase away.

Last edited:

Having Autman-Bell back would help Kaliakmanis tremendously.

I recently watched highlights of several games from last season. Chris is a receiver that a QB can throw to with confidence — which is something we seem to be lacking since he got hurt.

Is Kristen Hoskins anywhere near ready to contribute next year? The Gophers sure need another Rashod Bateman-type of homerun recruit this coming class.

He has to be nearing a gophers record for games played if he comes back.

He's at 46 games now. Assuming he plays all 13 next year, he'd be at 59.

Connor Olson holds the record at 58. Connor's record was a Big Ten record for games play until a guy from Illinois broke it against us this year.

He's probably not an NFL draft pick at this point, but could be with a big, healthy season. It's either return to the Gophers or join the UDFA circuit.

It's also another free year of school that should help him finish a grad degree if he hasn't already.
Especially if you’re a fringe nfl guy.
I would guess he’d get a tryout, but it might pay better to stay

With all the hype around these two this year nationally, be shocked if they both don’t elect to go into the NFL draft.
What hype is there around either “nationally”

Top Bottom