Coyle: "I don't talk about our coaches until the seasons are over, and you have to look at the entire body of work"

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Marcus:

"You understand that your boss has got to make tough decisions – and you got to respect that," Pitino said at his video news conference. "We'll talk at the end of the year. But nothing he's said to me during the season has been anything other than I support you and let's go get the next game."

On WCCO radio Tuesday, Coyle dismissed any talk of decisions being made on Pitino during the season.

"I don't talk about our coaches until the seasons are over, and you have to look at the entire body of work," Coyle told WCCO's Dave Lee.

Go Gophers!!

Assuming the team fails to make the NCAA tournament again this season the whole body of work doesn't look real good for Pitino. Don't see any way Coyle doesn't make a move after the season.

Money talks and we all know what walks.
The AD may not have the money to pay off Pitino and hire a better replacement.
The department claimed poverty to cut some "non revenue" sports.
Unless the Good Fairy left a wad of cash Coyle may not be able to do the deed this year.

Money talks and we all know what walks.
The AD may not have the money to pay off Pitino and hire a better replacement.
The department claimed poverty to cut some "non revenue" sports.
Unless the Good Fairy left a wad of cash Coyle may not be able to do the deed this year.

If he chooses to hire one of the MWC guys, he can actually save the department a couple million dollars if he does the deed.

If he chases a bigger name for bigger bucks, then he will need to find some money.

He absolutely can afford to pay Pitino's $1.75m buyout. That isn't in question.

The question is how much will he be allowed to spend on a new coach.

He’s playing it straight is all

Top Bottom