Coyle, Five Highest Earning Head Coaches To Take Pay Reductions

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the U:

Coyle, Five Highest Earning Head Coaches To Take Pay Reductions

University of Minnesota Director of Athletics Mark Coyle announced today that he, along with Minnesota's five highest paid head coaches, will take a voluntary 10 percent pay reduction for the first six months of the upcoming fiscal year to help offset budget impacts from the COVID-19 pandemic.

The head coaches are P.J. Fleck (football), Richard Pitino (men's basketball), Lindsay Whalen (women's basketball), Bob Motzko (men's hockey) and Hugh McCutcheon (volleyball).

"I want to thank Lindsay, P.J., Richard, Hugh and Bob for taking a voluntary reduction in pay," said Coyle. "This is the second voluntary reduction for all of us since April, and I appreciate their dedication to Minnesota and willingness to help in a time of financial uncertainty."

Go Gophers!!

I get it truly is a sacrifice, but the circumstances almost certainly require it. And will it really have any effect on the deficit? But, why would you announce this? Seems like something someone should find out about in a few years long after the problem has been solved.
Coyle including himself just makes the whole thing quizzical to me...

I get it truly is a sacrifice, but the circumstances almost certainly require it. And will it really have any effect on the deficit? But, why would you announce this? Seems like something someone should find out about in a few years long after the problem has been solved.
Coyle including himself just makes the whole thing quizzical to me...

What is the harm in announcing it? It would have been found out shortly, "Freedom of Information" as a state institution.

Personal opinion, I appreciate all the coaches doing it.

Cue the response "Pitino should forfeit his buyout due to covid so we can get a new coach and be financially responsible at the same time" ?

Top Bottom