Cowboys inverted wishbone formation - interesting concept

MNVCGUY

Reaction score
For anyone that watched the Vikings debacle last night. What did you think of the Cowboys inverted wishbone formation with two offensive lineman in the backfield along with the QB and RB?

We are deep enough along the O-Line to run something similar but not sure how effective it would be, plus there is the whole "if it ain't broke...." but don't recall seeing a formation quite like that, especially in the NFL.

Anyway, thought it was a pretty unique concept so curious to hear what other thought of it.

I liked it! 2 big guys with a head of steam that could be pretty good.

I'd be curious what the strategy is from Dallas's pov.

Love Kellen Moore's offense, he's about to become a HC or paid like one by Jerry. The trust he put in a backup who had barely touched the field was quite incredible.

Better pro play when you can declare ineligible numbers eligible receivers

Ain't nobody thought there was any chance in hell that the OL "dual fullbacks" were gonna get thrown the ball.

Better pro play when you can declare ineligible numbers eligible receivers
Yeah, I didn't realize there was an ineligible number penalty until last weekend. I know about the eligible receivers thing. I suppose if a player tries to declare he's going in as a receiver he immediately gets a penalty because of his number. Seems like a stupid rule to me.

The Vikes need to come up with something to keep pass rushers at bay. Hell, add 2 more OL in the backfield just for that!

Ain't nobody thought there was any chance in hell that the OL "dual fullbacks" were gonna get thrown the ball.
Whoa now ... what's with the hayseed lingo? Did you get out to the country over the weekend? Hopkins?

Top Bottom