Court revives Gophers football player lawsuit, citing possible sex discrimination in gang-rape punishments

We should hire the head coach from EMC from last chance U and he can bring his team with him.
Who are you talking to? And what are you talking about? Nothing to do now that your son has his scholly at St. Thomas? Did the coach kick you out of practice yet?

this case. the gift that keeps on giving.

If allowed to continue an analysis of related internal emails, communications, procedures may prompt the university (and others even worse) to improve their badly flawed adjudication process. Eric Kaler isn’t here to kick around any more. Maybe his successor is more clearheaded.

At least as far as the handful of other cases where a college disciplinary process was rejected in some way by a judge, the judges involved were a pretty mixed bag.

Much like SCOTUS's and other judge's actions / inaction during the election, I don't think think any rulings are can be counted on based on political orientation. A judge can generally support the idea of a given thing, but reject when it is done wrong.
There is no way a Democrat would admit discrimination against men, that just won't happen.

There is no way a Democrat would admit discrimination against men, that just won't happen.
Democratically appointed judges already have ruled against colleges as far as how their processes work ... so wut then?

Your statement is not at all what these cases ultimately will decide...

Democratically appointed judges already have ruled against colleges as far as how their processes work ... so wut then?

Your statement is not at all what these cases ultimately will decide...
I stand by what I said.

Who are you talking to? And what are you talking about? Nothing to do now that your son has his scholly at St. Thomas? Did the coach kick you out of practice yet?
I am a student at the University, do you work at Hardy's?

I stand by what I said.
I think it is a good example of folks getting tied up in some rhetoric ... and unable to see the forest through the trees.

The case isn't "admit discrimination against men".

How will they prove that the U acted differently because they are male?

You would have to show that members of the women's rowing team did not receive the same treatment when they were accused of sexually assaulting a male student.
Good question. I'm not an attorney, don't remember all the details about this case and certainly don't know how an attorney would handle that question in this case. However, I will say that Lee Hutton said on a podcast with Doogie that there was a female hockey player in the room at the time. There were male athletes in the room (and not in the room) who did not have contact with the accuser who were nevertheless suspended, but the female hockey player was not even mentioned in the EOAA's report, if I remember correctly. (Possibly because she was in another bedroom and testified that she didn't hear anything to corroborate the accuser's account.) Perhaps that's one example of separate treatment? I don't know.

No. Coyle was going to make the change regardless of anything else happening.
Coyle wanted to hire Fleck the year before at Syracuse. He absolutely was going to hire Fleck here, and probably reached out to him as soon as he (Coyle) got the job here.

Good question. I'm not an attorney, don't remember all the details about this case and certainly don't know how an attorney would handle that question in this case. However, I will say that Lee Hutton said on a podcast with Doogie that there was a female hockey player in the room at the time. There were male athletes in the room (and not in the room) who did not have contact with the accuser who were nevertheless suspended, but the female hockey player was not even mentioned in the EOAA's report, if I remember correctly. (Possibly because she was in another bedroom and testified that she didn't hear anything to corroborate the accuser's account.) Perhaps that's one example of separate treatment? I don't know.
That is interesting, I did not know there was a women's hockey player anywhere near this. But as you say, what are the details? But yes, maybe that will try to be part of the basis of the case.

Who knew there were so many legal eagles that post here?
Those who look for possible SCOTUS candidates are missing the boat if they do not scan this topic.

Who knew there were so many legal eagles that post here?
Those who look for possible SCOTUS candidates are missing the boat if they do not scan this topic.
dVHQ7ME.gif

From talking with an attorney involved in the case of numerous occasions, I believe one of the major issues they had was how the football players were treated in comparison to the females involved (accuser and female hockey player).

From my understanding threats were made by the admin to the football players in regard to their subpoenas, meetings, and standing at the U. There were also issues with how little time each player had when meeting with the EEOC investigator, compared to the females.

Top Bottom