Court Design

GopherPoke

Reaction score
Sorry if I missed this in another thread, but has anyone heard if Williams Arena will have a new court design this season?

Thanks!

Sorry if I missed this in another thread, but has anyone heard if Williams Arena will have a new court design this season?

Thanks!
I am hoping that it will be 50 feet longer and 20 feet wider so that we can run opposing big men off the floor with our non stop grit and ankle biting defense.

If you are referring to color of court :) ...I hope so.

Thanks!
Yep, you missed it. They made the announcement back on April 1st. Here's the rough sketch of what it looks like. Fear "The Barn" and the animals that live there !!!

1635360069282.png

I don't like the "white" court surface. Just looks weird on TV.

it's a wood court. It should look like wood.

could be worse - could be one of those 'tartan' surface courts that were trendy for about 5 minutes in the 70's. One of the MIAC teams used to have one - maybe Macalester...can't remember.....but they made the ball sound dead and players said there was no 'spring' in them. they were sold as requiring less maintenance, but that didn't even turn out to be true, because they broke down a lot sooner than predicted.

could be worse - could be one of those 'tartan' surface courts that were trendy for about 5 minutes in the 70's. One of the MIAC teams used to have one - maybe Macalester...can't remember.....but they made the ball sound dead and players said there was no 'spring' in them. they were sold as requiring less maintenance, but that didn't even turn out to be true, because they broke down a lot sooner than predicted.
Played on one of those against the Marshall Tigers in the 70's. Difficult to get used to and horrible for strawberries.

could be worse - could be one of those 'tartan' surface courts that were trendy for about 5 minutes in the 70's. One of the MIAC teams used to have one - maybe Macalester...can't remember.....but they made the ball sound dead and players said there was no 'spring' in them. they were sold as requiring less maintenance, but that didn't even turn out to be true, because they broke down a lot sooner than predicted

I find it so bad I have turned off home games and chose not to go for free.

Wish I could tolerate it, but For me , it's just too much.

Top Bottom