Could they move the Michigan State start time if it conflicts with our bowl game?

Umm, the Gophers were pretty bad during many of the Monson years, and ignoring it a way doesn't change that.

The fact that they ended up in an eighth tier bowl is negative. Take that one up with reality. And I'm sorry you've been to several insignificant bowls, but it doesn't change their insignificance if you had fun. The football team has my support, but not enough for me to ignore the obvious or to want plenty of people to miss the basketball game so you aren't inconvenienced.

The Big Ten shouldn't be playing games before January. I remember back in 2002/03 season I was able to watch Gophers vs. Texas Tech with Bobby Knight returning to the Barn and then drive down to Nashville for the Motor City Bowl. What a great weekend! The Big Ten season didn't start until Jan. 3 or so which I think is normal.

New Years Eve in particular is a dumb date to play a game. At least it is early but even having it that day is ridiculous. And there is no reason the game shouldn't be played at noon or 2:00 pm. If they're playing it at 5:00 they are already assuming people are not at work.

Yes, I did buy season tickets to Gopher basketball, and I bought them for Gopher football. Both teams and sports are important to me. If it was a New Year's Day bowl or the Alamo Bowl in San Antonio I would have gone to the bowl game. However, I've been to Orlando too many times and the city kind of sucks so I don't want to make the trek to the bowl this year.

Actually, by playing at 5 they are assuming a lot of people will not be at work at 5. Its a lot easier to leave work an hour or two early than to leave 7 hours early.

Top Bottom