Could Bryant Allen start at some point this year?

cncmin

Reaction score
I was extremely impressed with his highlight video this past year....I thought 5.7 (3*) was a shame, he seemed like a 4* player with that speed and quickness, which he also displayed often in his basketball video.

This is the guy that intrigues me the most in this past class. As opposed to Carpenter, he's a 4-year guy, and he just seems to have it.

With the talent brought in the past 2 seasons, we seem to have a great shot at a top-25 team in 2 or 3 years. Now we need some assistant coaching stability to go along with a solid roster of young players.

I agree with you. There were a number of 3 star guys in the 2009 class that really excited me because I thought they would make an impact (Kerry Lewis, Kenny Watkins, Ra'Shede Hageman, Matt Garin, Moses Alipate) but nobody did so more than Bryant Allen. I think Stoudermire was one of the most pleasant surprises of the 2008 class and watching Allen I thought you have Stoudermire with more agility, better hips, and better speed. I've called Allen a poor man's Percy Harvin and I hope the Gophers find ways to use him like Florida did with Harvin.

In my mind the three starters at WR next year are going to be Decker, Carpenter and Green but I think you have to find a way to get Allen the ball in space a couple of times per game. Allen's skill set seems ideal for returning punts and I have no doubt that he'll win that job next fall and the only person that I can see competing with him for it is Carpenter. It also wouldn't surprise me to see Carpenter or Allen take over the kick returning duties which says a lot considering how good Stoudermire was in that role this year.

Allen was my favorite recruit since he came on the radar. Still there are a lot of guys out there with a similar skill set and many don't pan out. He's undersized and not a true blazer so I'm not putting any expectations on him.

Allen is the most intriguing recruit to me as well. Probably the best athlete comming in. It will be fun to see how he works his way on to the field.

Top Bottom