Cory's Not Coming....

Jackie-O -

Your point is not a fact until C. Joseph signs on the line which is dotted.

However, it is very very likely he will go elsewhere IMO. All he is doing is making TX or Vill has a PG spot open for him, then he will commit. We are his backup/contingency plan. It's hardly a coincidence that almost all of the unsigned HS talent are PGs. We've known this for awhile - not sure why all of a sudden people think he is not going here. It has been fairly obvious for the last couple months.

At the very least, the title of the original post must be changed. The negative attitude of so many posters here drives me crazy. They WANT to believe Cory is not coming so they won't be disappointed if/when that becomes reality. There is no more hard evidence that Cory will attend Texas than there is hard evidence that Cory will attend Minnesota. How many of you were around for Devoe's recuritment? There were rumors ON THE DAY HE FAXED HIS LOI that he was headed to Texas.

Where are the moderators? Can't this tool's thread just be removed? It's his first post, and it was clearly a Texas fan trying to get some reaction.

I agree, this troll's thread needs to go.

How do we do that?

Jackie-O -

Your point is not a fact until C. Joseph signs on the line which is dotted.

However, it is very very likely he will go elsewhere IMO. All he is doing is making TX or Vill has a PG spot open for him, then he will commit. We are his backup/contingency plan. It's hardly a coincidence that almost all of the unsigned HS talent are PGs. We've known this for awhile - not sure why all of a sudden people think he is not going here. It has been fairly obvious for the last couple months.

Fairly obvious for the past couple of months? What are you basing this on? Glad you can see all the angles josh.

There is one person outside of Minnesota giving the Gophers a shot, and a rather important person at that: Cory Joseph himself.

Fairly obvious for the past couple of months? What are you basing this on? Glad you can see all the angles josh.

Yes, it has been to me. I will be the first one to be optimistic, but in this case it just doesn't make any sense. As an example, I was totally optimistic on the recruitment of Marquieis Gray and Michael Carter. There wasn't a feeling that these guys were going another place at all.

I don't have any inside information. But unfortunately reading into the recruitment of Cory Joseph I find it hard to believe he will sign here.

Just stop and think about it for five minutes.....really think about it deep down and you know the conclusion that will happen. Be honest with yourself. This is a situation where the brother plays for the school, and he hasn't committed yet? Doesn''t seem like good odds IMO. Usually family gets a commit to sign or verbal earlier in the process. That combined with the fact that all the unsigned top guys are PGs - for the very reason that they are waiting for the dominos to fall - means that there is a slim (albeit a chance, sure) chance he will sign here. I would love to believe he will be here and I would love to be wrong - but I'm not some naive 21-year-old college student.

All the signs are pointing to him signing elsewhere.

Yes, it has been to me. I will be the first one to be optimistic, but in this case it just doesn't make any sense. As an example, I was totally optimistic on the recruitment of Marquieis Gray and Michael Carter. There wasn't a feeling that these guys were going another place at all.

I don't have any inside information. But unfortunately reading into the recruitment of Cory Joseph I find it hard to believe he will sign here.

Just stop and think about it for five minutes.....really think about it deep down and you know the conclusion that will happen. Be honest with yourself. This is a situation where the brother plays for the school, and he hasn't committed yet? Doesn''t seem like good odds IMO. Usually family gets a commit to sign or verbal earlier in the process. That combined with the fact that all the unsigned top guys are PGs - for the very reason that they are waiting for the dominos to fall - means that there is a slim (albeit a chance, sure) chance he will sign here. I would love to believe he will be here and I would love to be wrong - but I'm not some naive 21-year-old college student.

Really? What about Ray McCallum or Trey Zeigler?

If you have paid any attention you know Cory is above both of those young men in the pecking order.

The hopelessness that poisons the MN fan base doesn't need to to be fed.

Be honest with YOURself. You have no idea what he will do. NONE. So in it's place you are allowing your own negativity to dress up nice and pretend it's truth.

There's more than a slim chance!!!! Go to the "Cory will come" thread and imagine a few reasons why he would.

What did ever hurt to be positive?

Barely though. Cory and Ray are right next to each other on ESPN and Scout, and Trey really isn't far behind. Just saying...

If you have paid any attention you know Cory is above both of those young men in the pecking order.

I guess it must be a fact if you say so. I think we know who we should never get "facts" from.

What is extremely hilarious to me is the fact that had he said the exact opposite in his post and came up with things validating him coming to the Gophers, everyone would have been mildly suspicious at best. The fact remains, he will end up at Nova or Texas.

I have been positive before with the recruitment of others- as mentioned with the recruitment of Carter and Gray. With C. Joseph there are so many reasons to believe he will commit elsewhere it is not even a pipe dream that he will be here. Sorry dude, hate to break it to you. That is the difference.

Do you really think the media knows that much more about the recruitment of Cory? Of course they're going to predict he goes to a school with more proven success and recruiting power. They would probably say that about any player who looks here and those two schools other than a MN high school player. The safe pick is to say one of those schools. He may very well sign there, but your whole "fact" statement was pretty absurd.

You must not read the local papers if you think that our own media ever gives us a shot at anything.

Maybe if anyone outside of Minnesota was giving us any type of shot, I would have not claimed that. The fact that all of our own media is hardly giving us a shot...well I stand by my point.

Do you really think the media knows that much more about the recruitment of Cory? Of course they're going to predict he goes to a school with more proven success and recruiting power. They would probably say that about any player who looks here and those two schools other than a MN high school player. The safe pick is to say one of those schools. He may very well sign there, but your whole "fact" statement was pretty absurd.

You must not read the local papers if you think that our own media ever gives us a shot at anything.

Okay, buddy. I'm sure Myron knows that he will commit to the U but is not saying anything out of some sort of pre-determined agreement. You keep telling yourself that. Honestly dude, even Johnny Gopher has all but given up on Cory. Just move on with your life.

I have been positive before with the recruitment of others- as mentioned with the recruitment of Carter and Gray. With C. Joseph there are so many reasons to believe he will commit elsewhere it is not even a pipe dream that he will be here. Sorry dude, hate to break it to you. That is the difference.

Well, you have your dream (that it's already a done deal that he's signing somewhere else), with no real evidence to back what you're spouting on about.

Why somebody would choose to dream that is beyond me.

It's not the end of the world whatever happens.

Until actual facts and real evidence tells me otherwise, I'll choose to believe he's got a good chance signing here.

And I can't understand why you'd legitimize this Texas Troll's thread by agreeing with him....

Sure its 5 months old, but this has got to count for something.

Attachments

• 14341_197126829401_502844401_4039625_6528602_n.jpg
    14341_197126829401_502844401_4039625_6528602_n.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 53

What is extremely hilarious to me is the fact that had he said the exact opposite in his post and came up with things validating him coming to the Gophers, everyone would have been mildly suspicious at best. The fact remains, he will end up at Nova or Texas.

It is a losing battle getting people on this board to distinguish between fact and opinion. In this case there is no "Fact remains", there is only your viewpoint. If CJ chooses Nova or Texas then it will be fact that he selected neither the other school nor the Gophers nor any other basketball program.

First off, I'm a Texas fan and I've posted on a couple of threads in regards to Joseph's recruitment and none were in any attempt to stir the pot in a negative manner. So the "sounds like a Texas fan post" comments are lame and completely defensive.

As far as I see it no one knows whats going on, and hasn't for several weeks. So this post could just as easily be true as it could be false.

What strikes me most is the poor reaction by a lot of Gopher fans here. It stinks of hypocrisy. If he had posted something that led people to believe that Joseph was going to be a Gopher without a source, you people would be all about it. But just because it's possibly news you don't want, you start to crucify the guy. What a bunch of babies.

First off, I'm a Texas fan and I've posted on a couple of threads in regards to Joseph's recruitment and none were in any attempt to stir the pot in a negative manner. So the "sounds like a Texas fan post" comments are lame and completely defensive.

As far as I see it no one knows whats going on, and hasn't for several weeks. So this post could just as easily be true as it could be false.

What strikes me most is the poor reaction by a lot of Gopher fans here. It stinks of hypocrisy. If he had posted something that led people to believe that Joseph was going to be a Gopher without a source, you people would be all about it. But just because it's possibly news you don't want, you start to crucify the guy. What a bunch of babies.

censored - it appears clear- as you say that no one knows. So it is fairly apparent that this guy posted simply to jerk people's chains. It's fair game that he be hammered a bit. However, I will say this- when a prankster pulls a prank there's no joy in it without a big reaction from the victim.
Looks like it may be mission accomplished for this knucklehead.

Gut still says it'll be 'Nova. I get the feeling Gophers (brother), UConn (would play behind Kemba Walker) & UNLV (not a major school) are in his top 5 as a courtesy.

Cory

He would play with Kemba Walker not behind.
UNLV is definite token team on his list. I hope he comes here but I am realistic it will be tough you have 3 top programs with 3 top coaches.

To me on the surface Villanove would be the choice. Jay Wright can coach and his guards always produce. Scottie Reynolds is done. Nova makes sense.

Top Bottom