Cory Joseph

There's a big difference between being a difference maker for Minnesota (how often are we in the final running for a five star recruit?) and being a clear-cut first round draft pick after one year in college. Royce White would have been a difference maker, but he had not punched his ticket for the NBA coming into his freshman year (ignoring the off the court things). This isn't selective memory whatsoever.

It's hard to produce from the bench? That was a single game that I listed where he didn't play significant minutes. You're right, 3 and 4 in 28 minutes against Sam Houston State isn't enough time to put up better numbers. Same with his 6 and 5 against USC. He was riding the bench that game with his 38 minutes. I never said anything about Mbakwe having zero bad games. He certainly hasn't had as many as Thompson though. You said that we have no Tristan Thompson, implying that he's clearly better than Mbakwe. Thompson plays more minutes, yet scores fewer ppg, has fewer rebounds pg, and has a waaaay lower shooting percentage. What exactly makes Thompson clearly better right now?

Are you really justifying Thompson's 3 and 4 against Sam Houston State by saying they have talent? Their results certainly don't suggest they're very talented.

I'm not saying Texas doesn't have potential to "do great things". All I was saying is that "sky is the limit" = NC, and that isn't happening. I guess I apologize for other posters not giving Texas credit for beating MSU...

Yeah, see its kinda hard to produce from the bench when you get ticky-tack fouls called on you. I would assume someone with your unparalleled basketball IQ would understand this. But maybe I'm wrong. I don't know. Is that what happened to Mbakwe against the mighty South Dakota State Jackrabbits?!?!?! 8 and 3?

And as far as my post being "typical"? Yeah, so typical. :rolleyes: About as typical as not one single poster on the "Michigan State goes down again" thread giving any credit to Texas whatsoever.

Just for your information, Sam Houston State has talent. Mocking them by sarcastically calling them "great" shows what little you know about them.

And yeah, as far as the whole "sky is the limit" comment, I still feel fine about it seeing as how Texas just beat North Carolina and Michigan State on the road in the same week. It'll take some serious injuries for me to not think this Texas squad has the potential to do great things.

Here's where you say, "Keep telling yourself that..."

By the way, I thought you "respected" my points related to basketball. Is that no longer the case? Either way, yes or no, Merry Christmas.

Hmmmm. I guess I should run the use of any expressions by you to see if it you understand exactly what I mean when I say them. Like I said before, all this over semantics. :rolleyes:

You're the one who keeps bringing up your stupid sky is the limit comment. Remember your comments about Thompson? That's what we're talking about. Do you just avoid responding to whatever shoots down your argument?

"It's hard to produce from the bench? That was a single game that I listed where he didn't play significant minutes. You're right, 3 and 4 in 28 minutes against Sam Houston State isn't enough time to put up better numbers. Same with his 6 and 5 against USC. He was riding the bench that game with his 38 minutes. I never said anything about Mbakwe having zero bad games. He certainly hasn't had as many as Thompson though. You said that we have no Tristan Thompson, implying that he's clearly better than Mbakwe. Thompson plays more minutes, yet scores fewer ppg, has fewer rebounds pg, and has a waaaay lower shooting percentage. What exactly makes Thompson clearly better right now?

Are you really justifying Thompson's 3 and 4 against Sam Houston State by saying they have talent? Their results certainly don't suggest they're very talented."

Feel free to explain why we have no Tristan Thompson. He's clearly outperformed Mbakwe... right?

Hmmmm. I guess I should run the use of any expressions by you to see if it you understand exactly what I mean when I say them. Like I said before, all this over semantics. :rolleyes:

You are a simp.

Thompson is a true freshman that has just scratched the surface and has potential to get better and better. Mbakwe not so much. But go ahead and cite stats based off a handful of games for an argument. Stats are for losers.

this is mbakwe's first D1 college season actaully. Marquette= injured for most of the season, only limited minutes when he did play, i think it was under 5. secondly, we're thinking about wisconsin right now, so go tell it to your $h!ty football team or fans of B12 teams who actually care. that is all.

Age isn't even relevant to what we were talking about. Way to just keep changing the argument. You said we have no Thompson. So far Mbakwe has been better. It's sad that you can't just acknowledge anything that you were wrong about. You said Thompson's terrible games were because he was on the bench, yet that was only true for one game. You obviously haven't even watched the gophers play. You have nothing to contribute to this board other than to gloat about Cory Joseph and Texas.

You are a simp.

Thompson is a true freshman that has just scratched the surface and has potential to get better and better. Mbakwe not so much. But go ahead and cite stats based off a handful of games for an argument. Stats are for losers.

this is mbakwe's first D1 college season actaully. Marquette= injured for most of the season, only limited minutes when he did play, i think it was under 5. secondly, we're thinking about wisconsin right now, so go tell it to your $h!ty football team or fans of B12 teams who actually care. that is all.

Did I start this thread? Hmmmm. Nope.

And "your $h!ty football team"? Wow. That's rich coming from you.

:clap:

Age isn't even relevant to what we were talking about. Way to just keep changing the argument. You said we have no Thompson. So far Mbakwe has been better. It's sad that you can't just acknowledge anything that you were wrong about. You said Thompson's terrible games were because he was on the bench, yet that was only true for one game. You obviously haven't even watched the gophers play. You have nothing to contribute to this board other than to gloat about Cory Joseph and Texas.

Like I said, you are a simp.

:cool02:

Obviously it's worth it since you've been checking back here a few times a day. Nice try though. That's a good cover for you just ignoring all evidence that proves you're wrong.

No, it's just not worth it. You getting all pissy is hilarious to me though.

:clap:

Good Lord, just delete this thread. No one cares anymore besides underground and [censored]. Take it to Private Messages if you want...

When Texas lost to Pitt in MSG, and cory took that last out of control shot....a few people on here were ridiculing him! Now look at what the kid has done! He is a true elite freshman dont even argue that, he was the best player on the court for both teams at north carolina.

Top Bottom