Cooper

And very nice these guys got a victory!

He's a mixed bag. Probably underrated on here.

In another thread, people talk about lateral quickness and skills coaching of lateral movement on defense. If you watch Cooper, he's pretty good with his lateral movement and positioning. He probably brought those skills with him from his previous coach.

He's a mixed bag. Probably underrated on here.

In another thread, people talk about lateral quickness and skills coaching of lateral movement on defense. If you watch Cooper, he's pretty good with his lateral movement and positioning. He probably brought those skills with him from his previous coach.

He looked like a different player in the second half than he was in the first half.

I hope Cooper stays. I have a theory that we probably could get as much as we do now from him with greater efficiency if he played around 30 minutes per game or less instead of the league leading 36.3 mpg that he plays now. I don't subscribe to the idea that we have to get a starting point guard from the portal (frankly, I don't think we're going to be able to get a plug-and-play Ben Ten caliber point guard from there anyway). But, if we could get a combo guard who can shoot well enough and give us 20 minutes per game, we could be much improved.

He looked like a different player in the second half than he was in the first half.

I hope Cooper stays. I have a theory that we probably could get as much as we do now from him with greater efficiency if he played around 30 minutes per game or less instead of the league leading 36.3 mpg that he plays now. I don't subscribe to the idea that we have to get a starting point guard from the portal (frankly, I don't think we're going to be able to get a plug-and-play Ben Ten caliber point guard from there anyway). But, if we could get a combo guard who can shoot well enough and give us 20 minutes per game, we could be much improved.
Good point and it’s mentally draining to be playing rest much when you’re the directing the action as well.

He had a great attitude in the last couple minutes too. If you rewatch the last couple minutes, watch his body language. He clearly believed they were still in it and was enjoying himself the whole time.

More generally, I don't subscribe to the idea of addition by subtraction with this roster. We need all the options we can get, and we need to use all our scholarships, for fucks sake.

More generally, I don't subscribe to the idea of addition by subtraction with this roster. We need all the options we can get, and we need to use all our scholarships, for fucks sake.
"fucks sake", "fuck's sake" or "fuck sake"? Never did well in English class.

Cooper is Cooper. Check his stats from his last 3 seasons to this season. Almost identical. Those stats don't show his defensive liabilities now playing against better guards but he is doing what I expected from his career stats. I believe he will be much more effective next season IF we #1-get a PG to help him, #2-drop him to 30 mpg and #3 maybe play him more at the 2 vice PG.

"fucks sake", "fuck's sake" or "fuck sake"? Never did well in English class.
I honestly don't know, and I've been waiting for someone to correct me with the right syntax!

Cooper is Cooper. Check his stats from his last 3 seasons to this season. Almost identical. Those stats don't show his defensive liabilities now playing against better guards but he is doing what I expected from his career stats. I believe he will be much more effective next season IF we #1-get a PG to help him, #2-drop him to 30 mpg and #3 maybe play him more at the 2 vice PG.
You're correct, Cooper has defensive liabilities and he isn't fast with the ball. But if he played all season like he played last night I think we'd all be more comfortable with him. With his liabilities on defense, he needs to have a bigger impact consistently on offense. He's at 38.5% on 3's, which is OK, but only 40% on two's and 59% at the line. And if he can limit the poor passes he sometimes makes he'll be much more valuable. I'd still like a surprise point guard steal from the portal to get Cooper off the bench in more limited minutes. But that may be a fantasy...

Agree with the bolded part 1000%. I want Cooper back next year as well but we need a second option that can run the point some and drill some 3s. Possible that guys like Carrington and Henley can develop into those type of roles but won't surprise me to see a transfer or 2 to bolster the back court.

Everything and everyone is terrible when you lose 12 games in a row. All it takes is a win for a bit of perspective. Cooper is a good point guard with some pretty obvious deficiencies. That's perfectly fine. The important thing is to get another point guard on the roster to take some of the pressure off Cooper. He's the one reliable PG on the team....and that's just not enough.

I honestly don't know, and I've been waiting for someone to correct me with the right syntax!
Replace “fuck” with, for example Pete.

You would write “for Pete’s sake” it is a possessive for the sake of Pete.

A fortiori this is for the sake of fuck, thus “for fuck’s sake”.

Top Bottom