Cool article about CU's interim coach

Go Gophers Rah

Section 238 Row 21
Reaction score
I grew up about 15 miles away from Folsom Field and saw many games there in the late 70's/early 80's. The buffalos were not a winning team during those years, but maintained an awesome set of traditions anyway. Seeing Ralphie gallop around the field is pretty cool to ten year old eyes.

Anyway, it sounds like their interim coach is trying to make the most of his time in that position by renewing a lot of the old traditions, including one we should consider... banning the color red from player facilities and clothing :cool02:

I don't remember the heartbeat thing mentioned in the article, but it sure sounds cool.

If you read the comments, most (all?) of the respondants seem supportive of retaining the interim coach if he can win both (maybe either) of his last two games after ending a 6-game losing streak by beating Iowa State last Saturday. That could be good news for us.

Anyway, herte is the article: http://www.dailycamera.com/sports/ci_16614497

If this guy was on Hawkin's staff, I imagine he was voicing his opinions on all these traditions to Hawkins. The fact that Hawkins didn't use or respect any of them really speaks to how disconnected he was at Colorado. Bad fit.

Gasp! The Colorado website keeps team records from his days as an assistant:

"RECORD-He has coached in 267 Division I-A games as a full-time coach, owning a record of 145-96-4 at Colorado (156-97-4 including his graduate assistant year); Purdue was 7-14-1 when he was on the Boilermaker staff. He has coached in 14 bowl games (six New Year's Day)."

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=22906

Gasp! The Colorado website keeps team records from his days as an assistant:

"RECORD-He has coached in 267 Division I-A games as a full-time coach, owning a record of 145-96-4 at Colorado (156-97-4 including his graduate assistant year); Purdue was 7-14-1 when he was on the Boilermaker staff. He has coached in 14 bowl games (six New Year's Day)."

http://www.cubuffs.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=600&ATCLID=22906

Ah, yes, the phony "resumegate" scandal. It's something pretty common, but for some reason, smack talkers managed to treat it like a scandal. Brewster had plenty of faults as a coach, but the furor over talking about records as an assistant coach was totally phony.

Ah, yes, the phony "resumegate" scandal. It's something pretty common, but for some reason, smack talkers managed to treat it like a scandal. Brewster had plenty of faults as a coach, but the furor over talking about records as an assistant coach was totally phony.

The amazing thing to me is that some people think Brewster actually wrote his bio. I'm pretty sure the people who put the media guide together do that kind of stuff.

The amazing thing to me is that some people think Brewster actually wrote his bio. I'm pretty sure the people who put the media guide together do that kind of stuff.

No the first thing Brewster did after each win or loss was update his Bio. Well actually he only did it himself after a W, he made Weber update it after each loss. Brewster also counted games that Nolan's team won or lost in college, it was tough for Weber to post the L after the national championship game.

Top Bottom