CONTACT PRESIDENT KALER TO GET CLAEYS HIRED NOW

GopherPop

Reaction score
We can not just sit back and wait until President Kaler and the various committees address the issues of the vacant AD position, Title IX and Teague, before signing a new permanent football HC and staff. We have one of the best incoming class of players and now is the time to keep this program on a steady path and provide the continuity our recruits, players, the University of Minnesota alumnae and fans across the country deserve.

Twitter: @PrezKaler
Phone: 612-626-1616
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 612-625-3875
U.S. Mail:
202 Morrill Hall
100 Church Street S.E.
University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN 55455

How about I trust the guy the regents put in place to run this ship to do his job at the speed he thinks is best. But go ahead, see if your concerns affect change.

How about I trust the guy the regents put in place to run this ship to do his job at the speed he thinks is best. But go ahead, see if your concerns affect change.

Or, just have sparlimb's attitude, and say "f" it. After all, this is a private university.

The least Kaler could do is come out and say great and supportive things about Claey's, his coaching abilities. And this staff.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is the dumbest thing I read this week.

The least Kaler could do is come out and say great and supportive things about Claey's, his coaching abilities. And this staff.

"We are very comfortable with Tracy's role as interim head coach," he said. "We are confident that he will manage the program well through the rest of the season."

"We are very comfortable with Tracy's role as interim head coach," he said. "We are confident that he will manage the program well through the rest of the season."

Looking for something a little more than the standard line every AD in the history of sports says in this situation. His words are standard and bland. Not what a lot of us are looking for. My opinion is it's poor leadership for this situation.

Looking for something a little more than the standard line every AD in the history of sports says in this situation. His words are standard and bland. Not what a lot of us are looking for. My opinion is it's poor leadership for this situation.

Kaler seems like the kind of guy who has become so PC (probably out of necessity) that even when he speaks he really doesn't say anything. He doesn't really want to say anything one way or the other in fear that it will come back to haunt him. Like the Norwood hire, he didn't want to do it himself, he hired a 4(?)
person committee to do it. This way, just in case Norwood turned out to be a pervert, or sexual deviant or something else crazy like that Kaler has 4 degrees of separation.

Dear Your Majesty Kaler,

I'm one of a number of rubes who feels compelled to tell you how to do your job. Even though I'm not even remotely qualified to do your job or even the one I currently have at the Walmart warehouse, I think it is important that you know what I think. You might remember me as the guy who has the great idea for more effectively dispensing beer and speeding up bathroom lines at TCF.

image.jpg

I'm still waiting for your response on my patent pending idea.

Anyway, back to why I wrote you this time. I really, really hate that new salad vendor by the student section. Those bastards really screwed up my... oh wait, wrong matter. I mean I think we should talk about who should be the next head coach. I know of this guy you probably don't have on your radar that could win us lots of games, give us lots of rose bowl appearances, and save the U a sh!tload of money. The best part is this dude I'm thinking of could also coach the rowing team, just saying.

When you're ready to hear more, hit me up on the speed dial. You know the number, it was on last week's letter and the couple hundred before that one. Can't wait to tell you how I feel as I'm sure it will really influence how you do your job as the U's supreme leader.

Sincerely,

The U's and your #1 fan forever and ever, hallelujah!

Whether you agree that contacting the president would have an impact, I'm a bit shocked by the total lack of belief that a public university president should receive feedback. I'm never going to always "trust the person put in power by others who are in power."

We can not just sit back and wait until President Kaler and the various committees address the issues of the vacant AD position, Title IX and Teague, before signing a new permanent football HC and staff. We have one of the best incoming class of players and now is the time to keep this program on a steady path and provide the continuity our recruits, players, the University of Minnesota alumnae and fans across the country deserve.

Twitter: @PrezKaler
Phone: 612-626-1616
Email: [email protected]
Fax: 612-625-3875
U.S. Mail:
202 Morrill Hall
100 Church Street S.E.
University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN 55455

Maybe Kaler could give him a good reference for his next DII coaching job.

All I can say after watching that game unfold, and then implode on us is, WOW. What a thread title. 180 degrees of wrong.

They still can't wait until all the other stuff plays out. But I'm fine with a regular search when the season ends. Claeys just blew a shot to lock it in early. Now he'll be lucky to finish 1-4.

Maybe we should write to Kaler and tell him to coach the last minute of every close Gopher game.

Yeah, I'm gonna hold off on hitting Send on that email, umm kay?

It's no wonder Kaler doesn't respond to your ideas...

Dear Your Majesty Kaler,

I'm one of a number of rubes who feels compelled to tell you how to do your job. Even though I'm not even remotely qualified to do your job or even the one I currently have at the Walmart warehouse, I think it is important that you know what I think. You might remember me as the guy who has the great idea for more effectively dispensing beer and speeding up bathroom lines at TCF.

View attachment 3913

I'm still waiting for your response on my patent pending idea.

Anyway, back to why I wrote you this time. I really, really hate that new salad vendor by the student section. Those bastards really screwed up my... oh wait, wrong matter. I mean I think we should talk about who should be the next head coach. I know of this guy you probably don't have on your radar that could win us lots of games, give us lots of rose bowl appearances, and save the U a sh!tload of money. The best part is this dude I'm thinking of could also coach the rowing team, just saying.

When you're ready to hear more, hit me up on the speed dial. You know the number, it was on last week's letter and the couple hundred before that one. Can't wait to tell you how I feel as I'm sure it will really influence how you do your job as the U's supreme leader.

Sincerely,

The U's and your #1 fan forever and ever, hallelujah!

I have to agree he needs to name Cleays the sooner the better.. Don't want to take a step back with this team. Best recruiting class we have had here. U mess around you lose these kids. Carter already said if they don't hire Cleays he might be gone same with the QB.

They had a great ga e plan tonight and OC made a wrong call tonight and will regret it.

Does 0 for Wisconsin mean anything to us? Sure does for me. That alone should be grounds for replacement of this staff. But last night those coaches absolutely robbed our kids & our fans of a monumental win. I see no way those players can completely "buy in" to what these guys do when they crap the bed in big moments like this. My wife and I walked away from the Citrus Bowl in January muttering to each other about how badly outcoached we were, and last night Harbaugh was ripe for the taking. Nope...had to give it to him. Sickening and inexcusable clock management for even the most untested staff.

Come on fans. He made a call to go for it and it didn't work out. That's football... PLAY TO WIN. If they would've kicked the FG and lost in OT he would've been a idiot for not going for the win in regulation. If he would've kicked the FG and won in OT you would be saying that he should've been hired over Jerry. If the FG would've got blocked you would say why didn't we go for a TD... Get real mn fans, this is the best football we have had since Mason. We've had a lot more duds than studs for coaches.

You need to conduct a national search and of course invite Coach Claeys to apply.

Come on fans. He made a call to go for it and it didn't work out. That's football... PLAY TO WIN.

You're completely missing the source of most people's anger. It isn't really the choice to go for the win that has people burned. It is the completely inept clock management that caused limited opportunities. You have the ball near mid-field with about a minute and a half left and they're in the huddle like its the beginning of the fourth quarter. Then with the ball on the half yard line, with enough time to run three if not four plays they pull up a play that takes 17 seconds to run. Incompetent. They could have "gone for the win" three times before settling for a tie if they had any comprehension of the time situation.

Top Bottom