Congratulations to the Nebraska Cornhuskers

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
The offseason storylines were consistent.

Nebraska was the best 3-9 team in college football history last season.

They could never achieve this again. The law of averages had to even out and they simply had to start winning those games.

But, coach Frost and the Huskers took the field today and made a strong statement that they could repeat as an elite team (at going 3-9 or 4-8) again!

Congrats!!!

They could never achieve this again. The law of averages had to even out and they simply had to start winning those games.

But, coach Frost and the Huskers took the field today and made a strong statement that they could repeat as an elite team (at going 3-9 or 4-8) again!

Congrats!!!
They are going to make the best effort that they can to get their coach fired with a minimum impact to the school’s fiscal and contractual responsibilities.

Scott Frost has put himself back in the spotlight. But this time, it's a heat lamp​

On a related note, maybe the coaching staff should shelve the “Blackshirts” until their defense deserves the distinction to utilize the term. It should have been done years ago.

Last edited:

Scott Frost has put himself back in the spotlight. But this time, it's a heat lamp​

On a related note, maybe the coaching staff should shelve the “Blackshirts” until their defense deserves the distinction to utilize the term. It should have been done years ago.
Hahaha... Made me think of a recent trip I took to Alaska to visit my daughter. Went to a kids soccer practice, must have been about a 100 kids of all ages. Anyway, there was a pickup in the parking lot with Nebby plates on it and "BLACKSHIRTS" plastered all over it!! Looked around the crowd and it was easy to find the owner of that truck...he matched it! I though to myself the same exact thing you mentioned here...time to retire the blackshirt thingy.... just like nobody promotes the "Purple People Eater" anymore....

It’s funny that somehow in a lot of sport media and fandom people have accepted models that attribute winning close games as luck.

Literally the FPI, kenpom, etc in both football and basketball attribute teams that “should have” won based on efficiency metrics but didn’t to “luck”

Making clutch plays at critical times isn’t luck, it’s a skill. If it was luck then people like Tom Brady wouldn’t have so many more super bowls than people like Aaron Rodgers.

It’s funny that somehow in a lot of sport media and fandom people have accepted models that attribute winning close games as luck.

Literally the FPI, kenpom, etc in both football and basketball attribute teams that “should have” won based on efficiency metrics but didn’t to “luck”

Making clutch plays at critical times isn’t luck, it’s a skill. If it was luck then people like Tom Brady wouldn’t have so many more super bowls than people like Aaron Rodgers.
Brady has had plenty of luck. That tuck fumble against the Raiders was one of the luckiest things I've ever seen.

The Seahawks throwing rather than giving it to Lynch was as lucky as one can get.

The Falcons leading them big and trying to go in run mode and stopping their attack was a quite lucky for the patriots.

I'm a big believer in luck.

Brady has had plenty of luck. That tuck fumble against the Raiders was one of the luckiest things I've ever seen.

The Seahawks throwing rather than giving it to Lynch was as lucky as one can get.

The Falcons leading them big and trying to go in run mode and stopping their attack was a quite lucky for the patriots.

It's not luck when you make one less mistake than your opponent.

Woodson smacked his helmet. 15 yard penalty.

But maybe ST coach made that decision and caught Frost by surprise. 😎😎
Unless you're being sarcastic, Frost said it was his decision and explained his reasoning in his presser.

Unless you're being sarcastic, Frost said it was his decision and explained his reasoning in his presser.
Yeah! Plus if the ST coach is going rogue and calling stuff the HC is unaware of, that's further proof of the shit show this staff has become!

If they beat the fighting Hawks and Georgia Southern, will their fan base be optimistic once again?

If they beat the fighting Hawks and Georgia Southern, will their fan base be optimistic once again?
After yesterday's game you are going to have to look pretty hard to find optimistic members of their fanbase.

At this point I think many are just counting the days until October 1st when the buyout drops significantly.

Feels a lot like Brewster's fourth year when it became a matter of when not if he was going to be fired.

Stolen from a Reddit thread:

If Scott Frost won 50 games in a row he would be 65 and 30.

Bo Pelion got fired for going 67 and 27…

There are certainly instances of luck.

People who tend to have good luck are probably better to bet on than people who tend to have bad luck….
Because even though there is some luck, it isn’t all luck

After yesterday's game you are going to have to look pretty hard to find optimistic members of their fanbase.

At this point I think many are just counting the days until October 1st when the buyout drops significantly.

Feels a lot like Brewster's fourth year when it became a matter of when not if he was going to be fired.
Which is odd because Brewster was 7-6 and 6-7 in years 2-3

Both of which would be better than frosts best record

Congrats!!!
I'm thinking, after Saturday's loss to NW, Nebby probably moves up to #18 in all the polls.

There are certainly instances of luck.

People who tend to have good luck are probably better to bet on than people who tend to have bad luck….
Because even though there is some luck, it isn’t all luck
"Luck is what happens when preparation meets opportunity."
-Seneca

Top Bottom