Congrats to Book -- Again, the Winner of Tonight's Predict the Score (vs High Point)

MNSnowman

An old timer
Reaction score
There were no out-right winners tonight but again Book gets the nod with his prediction of 83-57 -- a variance of only 2 points from the actual score of 82-56. There were actually three others who also had a variance of 2 points: Figi, HopHead and whogoofed. However, book was the closest to the Gophers's actual score. (All had High Point's actual score but were two points off the Gophers's score; Book was only one point off and thus won the tie-breaker.)

All four get the 15 points for the standings, so it's simply "bragging rights" for first place and the back-to-back recognition on the Roll of Honor (see below).

Here are the top five places for tonight:

1st Place (tie): book, Figi, HopHead and whogoofed - 15 pts awarded; variance of 3 points from actual score.

2nd Place (tie): Charlesbenjamin, MNSnowman and what up guy - 3 pts awarded; variance of 4 points from actual score.

3rd Place (tie): gophermanic, Roy Christensen and Zales04- 7 pts awarded; variance of 5 points from actual score.

4th Place (tie): Anderson8284 and Mikie S - 5 pts awarded; variance of 6 points from actual score.

5th Place: Gopher737 - 3 pts awarded; variance of 7 points from actual score.

In addition, there were another 22 who had variances of 8 points or more but predicted a Gopher victory, thus gaining one "participation point." Included are: Blizzard, bruster, burton34, Dr Don, Gopher In Qatar, Gopher07, gopher1more, GopherCrazy, Gopherholefan, Gopherinphilly, Kindofgreen, MadisonRaisedGopherCrazed, maliksealy, mom8pop, RomaGopher, Ron456, Runext07, SanDiegoPete, Ski U Mah Gopher, technogopher, Warrior04 and XMan.

And here's the Roll Call:

Predict The Score Roll of Honor
11-14-08 - Concordia (St Paul): CharlesBenjamin
11-15-08 - Bowling Green: CottageGrove 12 (now Gold Rush)
11-16-08 - Georgia State: Anderson 8284
11-22-08 - Colorado State: Gold Rush
11-26-08 - Eastern Washington: Runext07 (on the button)
11-29-08 - North Dakota State University: CharlesBenjamin
12-02-08 - Virginia: MikieS
12-06-08 - Cornell: GopherHoleFan
12-10-08 - SDSU: Mom8Pop
12-20-08 - Louisville: WhoGoofed
12-23-08 - Southeastern Louisiana: book
12-28-08 - High Point: book

I make the motion that we disqualify "book" from any more of these predictions. He is too accurate to be real. Better yet, let's throw $5 each and send him to Vegas!!!! Congrats, Book, and keep it up. As long as the Gophers win, let book keep winning. Gotta love it. GO GOPHERS!!!!!

Project the Score Standings through 12/28

Here are the standings ... CharlesBenjamin nudged Mom8Pop out of the lead with his
tie for 2nd place. Book is inching up toward the top with his second consecutive win.

Good luck on predicting the score (victory?) versus Michigan State - will be posted shortly.

Place/Points …... GopherHoler
1 …... 59 pts. …... Charlesbenjamin
.. 2 …... 51 pts. …... mom8pop
.. 3 …... 50 pts. …... HopHead
.. 4 …... 49 pts. …... book
.. 5 …... 46 pts. …... Anderson8284
.. 6 …... 45 pts. …... Gold Rush
.. 7 …... 41 pts. …... Mikie S
.. 8 …... 39 pts. …... Whogoofed
.. 9 …... 36 pts. …... Blizzard and Runext07

11 …... 35 pts. …... MNSnowman
12 …... 33 pts. …... Gopherholefan
13 …... 26 pts. …... gophermanic
14 …... 25 pts. …... USTGopher
15 …... 23 pts. …... The Big L and Warrior04
17 …... 22 pts. …... SanDiegoPete
18 …... 21 pts. …... ron456 and TheBarn

20 …... 19 pts. …... gopher1more
21 …... 18 pts. …... ChemEGopher
22 …... 17 pts. …... Figi, Ski U Mah Gopher, Zales04 and MadisonRaisedGopherCrazed..
26 …... 16 pts. …... Gopher737
27 …... 15 pts. …... bruster, Gopher In Qatar and Roy Christensen

30 …... 13 pts. …... DrDon
31 …... 12 pts. …... Freshtrout
32 …... 11 pts. …... ilovethebarn and What Up Guy
34 …... 9 pts. …... GopherKev, GopherMike
36 …... 8 pts. …... Boondoggle, gortonsfisherman011, WadeHokenson and XMan

40 …... 7 pts. …... Kindofgreen and maliksealy ...
42 …... 6 pts. …... Cheeseheadgophfan, Gopher07, GopherCrazy and Technogopher
46 …... 5 pts. …... Indiana Gopher and Wiscbearsfan17
48 …... 4 pts. …... Tubtastic
49 …... 3 pts. …... Gopherinphilly

50 …... 2 pts. …... goldenfuture5 and stevenmgr
52 …... 1 pt. …... AzNGoPheR, burton34, cncmin, DevOJoe5 , Golden Shower, Goldengopher, Jeshurun, MillionMoves, OSUfan, RomaGopher , TheHofferette, TubbytownUSA and youngstowngopher

65 …... 0 pts. …... BayfieldGopher, Gopherthewin, jamiche, sec105 and SelectionSunday

Better yet, let's throw $5 each and send him to Vegas!
Heck with that ... throw $5 each and send me to Vegas ... I'm not gonna fritter my money away but a week or so of warmth and golf would tempt me despite the fear of melting away. ;)

MNSnowman: On behalf of a lot of posters and Gopher Fans, THANK YOU for all the time and work you put into this fun game you have going here. I just want everyone to know that I am in 30th place, all by myself, and still climbing now with 13 points.

thanks again, Snowman, and GO GOPHERS!!!!!!!!AMERICA'S TEAM!!!!!!

Sounds good to me, Snowman, what with the time and work you put in, let us know where we can send the $5. I'll pitch in, how about anyone else????????and the $5 will be cash, but we will want a full accounting of your winnings!!!! LOL (And a split too)

Nope, no donations needed ... it would jeopardize my amateur status. ;)

Besides Mrs Snowman would wonder what the heck was going on if I went to Vegas and gambled! (She knows my skill-set doesn't include games of chance :rolleyes: )

Nope, no donations needed ... it would jeopardize my amateur status. ;)

Besides Mrs Snowman would wonder what the heck was going on if I went to Vegas and gambled! (She knows my skill-set doesn't include games of chance :rolleyes: )

Yea your Daily pick-'em record doesn't inspire Vegas confidence! :p

I will second Dr. Don's graditude. Thanks for all you do, it adds a lot to the board!

Yea your Daily pick-'em record doesn't inspire Vegas confidence! :p
That's for sure. However, last year was much better and the year before I won the G'hole NCAA brackets. Sometimes luck goes my way ... but I've kept my day job!

Top Bottom