Congrats on your win.

The Truth

Reaction score
I wasn't able to watch the second half as my son had a basketball game this afternoon but I thought your team played with extreme effort and desire. UofL is clearly the more talented, athletic team but the Gopher's determination won out in the end. Good luck to you all the rest of the season and I hope we can match your efforts in our own game with UofL.

I wasn't able to watch the second half as my son had a basketball game this afternoon but I thought your team played with extreme effort and desire. UofL is clearly the more talented, athletic team but the Gopher's determination won out in the end. Good luck to you all the rest of the season and I hope we can match your efforts in our own game with UofL.

What was it about the game that makes you think " Uof L is clearly more talented "? Clearly Minnesota has much more talented guards even with Westbrook on the bench. The Gopher bench is vastly superior to L of U's. The Gophers are a better shooting team.

Clark is a very nice player but, he was held to 4 for 12 from the field by Johnson etal. Far from being "clearly" the most talented team and very far from being "clearly" the most athletic team, there are actually a number of reasons to believe the Gophers are at least as talented and athletic.

So thanks for the congrads. But, clearly your powers of observation are clouded by pregame press clipping.

What was it about the game that makes you think " Uof L is clearly more talented "? Clearly Minnesota has much more talented guards even with Westbrook on the bench. The Gopher bench is vastly superior to L of U's. The Gophers are a better shooting team.

Clark is a very nice player but, he was held to 4 for 12 from the field by Johnson etal. Far from being "clearly" the most talented team and very far from being "clearly" the most athletic team, there are actually a number of reasons to believe the Gophers are at least as talented and athletic.

So thanks for the congrads. But, clearly your powers of observation are clouded by pregame press clipping.

The athleticism on the UofL team is, top to bottom, superior to the Gophers. We can pick out individual matchups and do a comparison but my original point stands. What the Gophers lack in athleticism across the board they make up for in intelligence, effort and savvy. UofL has been blessed with a lot of good to great athletes during Pitino's tenure but they've often been unable to link those natural gifts with the aforementioned intelligence.

Edit: Athletes can correct a lot of mistakes on a basketball court with their natural ability but that doesn't always translate to them being good basketball players. I see this all the time in the youth levels I coach.

I think The Truth is partially correct. I think when you look at both team's rosters as they were comprised yesterday, you'll see in five years that Louisville will likely have at least 8 players from the roster who will be earning a paycheck of some sort playing pro basketball somewhere (probably 3-4 in the NBA). The Gophers will not have that many from their current roster. Does that mean Louisville is the better "team"? Maybe not.

Top Bottom