Confident, not confident, skeptical: Michigan at Minnesota

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Wolverine Wire:

With the 2020 Big Ten season but one week away, we’re starting up a new series called ‘Confident, not confident, skeptical,’ where I take a look at one particular thing I’m pretty confident Michigan will have success in, one I don’t think it will and another where I’m more in wait-and-see mode.

Given that neither Michigan, nor Minnesota, has played a game as of yet, I’m more or less throwing darts while looking at the new components for each team and what each did the year before.

There are some elements that were too close to call for me in looking at this game. While I’m pretty confident in the defensive line — a unit which Jim Harbaugh said is the team’s identity — given that Minnesota has some absolute beasts up front, considering that very well could be the biggest ‘good-on-good’ matchup in the game, I’m calling it a wash. Likewise, Michigan’s linebacking corps appears to be quite solid, and while Minnesota lost senior standout Rodney Smith, Mohamed Ibrahim returns and is poised to reprise his freshman year performance.

With a crowd limited to player invitees, playing on the road likely won’t play the same factor it could have if this were a normal season, so that also didn’t make the cut.

So what did? Here are the things I’m most confident in, the least and the one thing I’m truly on the fence about with Michigan heading to Minnesota on Oct. 24.

Go Gophers!!

Top Bottom