conference free-for-all

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
Well, with all the steam now picking up with the Pac 10 potentially absorbing half the Big 12, the Big 10 maybe jumping to 16 teams, etc. etc. etc... Does anyone else wonder if some crazy decisions will be made at the last minute that various conference officials and fans will someday be asking themselves... WTF?

With all the money potential floating around, as well as the potential for various proud athletic programs to be hanging in a conference-less limbo... it makes me wonder if one day soon we will be asking...

...How did Macalester end up in the Mountain West?
...Who thought it was a good idea to have Maine and San Diego State in the same conference?
...Why did we think Nebraska academics would improve?
...etc. etc.

I was just reading around the net and it is of course all abuzz over the different potential end games for the Big 12, and to a lesser degree the Big East.

At first I was sad the Big 10 was maybe looking to add more than one other school. I hate to see bigger and bigger divisions that in reality just become more conferences and loosen the bonds between once-fun rivalries like Minn/Mich. You already see it with folks from the Big 12 North and South going at it like they were two different conferences. Personally, I'd rather focus my hatred on the SEC or ACC and know that my old rivals from Ohio State, or even Wisconsin would join me. Now, it is getting so crazy I just want ALL the rumors to go away and be replaced with whatever the final alignment will be, so we can all go on with our lives. Get it over with, already.

Top Bottom