Condolences to the Spirit Squad and to all

#93fanclub

Reaction score
Three people killed in a crash in Wisconsin today were apparently University of Minnesota students.

Two were members of the U's Spirit Squad, which is cheerleading, said Ryan Maus, a university spokesman. The university is awaiting the release of the names to officially confirm they were students, he said.

The university was told that the group was driving home to Milwaukee from the Twin Cities, Maus said.

An alleged drunk driver rear-ended a disabled car on the median shoulder of Interstate 39/90 near Madison, killing the three people inside.

RIP

From the Star Tribune:

Three University of Minnesota students, two of them cheerleaders, were killed Thursday when an alleged drunk driver slammed into their car where it was disabled on a Wisconsin highway.

Two of the students, whose names have not yet been released, were with the U's Spirit Squad, university spokesman Ryan Maus said. There was one survivor.

Maus said the students were driving home from the Twin Cities to Milwaukee when the crash occurred. According to the Wisconsin State Patrol, the three were killed when the 31-year-old driver slammed into the disabled vehicle as it sat on the median shoulder of Interstate 39/90 near Madison while the passengers were inside.

The State Patrol reported the Madison man was arrested on suspicion of operating under the influence after the crash around 2:30 a.m. Thursday. He suffered non-life-threatening injuries.

The three people who died were a 20-year-old female driver from Milwaukee, a 23-year-old male passenger from Puerto Rico and a 19-year-old male passenger from Milwaukee.

The State Patrol is withholding the names of the victims pending notification of family.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

Safe travels to those driving to Madison...especially if you are driving early, early in the morning.

That's horrible!! Terrible news. I won't be able to shake this as I head to Wisconsin tomorrow to watch the game on Saturday. Sympathy to the families.

Awful news. Thoughts and prayers to those affected by this tragedy.

Ugh. This is absolutely horrible to hear.

Curious to hear if the guy who hit them is confirmed that he was over the limit.

Yet another serious downer. *Sigh*
RIP

Horrible. Condolences to their families and friends. My thoughts and prayers are with them.

My heart sank when I read the news in the Star Tribune today. My thoughts and prayers go out to the families and friends whose lives will never be the same without them.

This is really tragic news. I feel so sad for those families. My condolences go out to them and the Minnesota Spirit Squad.

Awful stuff. These had to be great kids, putting in the commitment of time & energy to support the U of M teams, hitting the books, dreaming their dreams, etc. Sincere condolences to all family & friends, plus the campus community that must be devastated right now.

Just terrible. My thoughts go out to the families and friends.

From what I heard, they were fixing a flat tire on the side of the interstate when a 31 yr old who had been drinking hit them. I know two of them were Wilo and Marcus according to my spirit squad friends, I don't know who the driver was.

Prayers go out to them

Very sad indeed. Thoughts and prayers to all. I know that stretch of road well and to tell you the truth not surprised it happened in that state. Very very sad.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the families of all. Very sad news.

From what I heard, they were fixing a flat tire on the side of the interstate when a 31 yr old who had been drinking hit them. I know two of them were Wilo and Marcus according to my spirit squad friends, I don't know who the driver was.

Prayers go out to them

What a tragic accident. My prayers go out to all families impacted...

There but for the grace of God, go I...

Top Bottom