Concerns up front? PJ Fleck impressed by what he's seen from Minnesota's offensive, defensive lines

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per Dustin:

To win in the B1G, controlling the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball is key. PJ Fleck isn’t overly concerned, though he’s heard some of the noise from the outside.

“I know everyone is worried about O-line, D-line, but if you saw what I saw since January, you wouldn’t be as worried about it,” Fleck said, per Andy Greder of the Pioneer Press. “These guys have attacked it. We have more depth, probably.”

Go Gophers!!

“I know everyone is worried about O-line, D-line, but if you saw what I saw since January, you wouldn’t be as worried about it,”

And with his new eyes, I bet he sees better than anyone.

the comment that caught my ear was when he said that Ersery had the potential to be the "best linemen we've had" or words to that effect. which, if you take it literally, means better than Faalele who is projected as a possible 1st or 2nd-round NFL draft pick.

that is high praise, but it's also a lot to live up to.

from my point of view, I am not as concerned about the D-Line. I have a lot of confidence that Rossi & co. will come up with a good mix.

But, when you're replacing 4 starters on the OL plus one of the best run-blocking TE's on the planet, that is a tall task. the group that graduated had years of experience playing as a unit. the new group will need time to develop that experience, and I would not be shocked to see some issues early in the season.

Top Bottom