Concerning previous post about Roof

calminnfan

Reaction score
If it is true he helped get the Gophers off to the good start a couple of years ago only to back out after his ego got bruised, maybe the current players and those coming up will be better then expected with a solid coaching staff.

If it is true he helped get the Gophers off to the good start a couple of years ago only to back out after his ego got bruised, maybe the current players and those coming up will be better then expected with a solid coaching staff.

I don't think his ego got bruised. I think he saw he was on a sinking ship with a coach that didn't have a clue how to run a BCS conference program. Why do you think we lost so many coordinators every single year? I think the allegation it was lack of leadership passes the smell test.

I don't think his ego got bruised. I think he saw he was on a sinking ship with a coach that didn't have a clue how to run a BCS conference program. Why do you think we lost so many coordinators every single year? I think the allegation it was lack of leadership passes the smell test.

Eloquently understating the obvious as necessary. Roof was smart enough to get the heck away from Brewster/Minnesota as fast as humanly possible.

Roof went back to his alma mater, and back down south where he wanted to be. Know what you are talking about before you post!

I was referring to a previous post on the subject that made it sound like he was miffed Brewster did not go for a field goal, going for a td instead and basically stopped supporting Brew from that point on. It (the post) made it sound like his ego may have been part of the problem. Personally I do not know what happened behind closed doors, and I do know Coordinators have been a problem since Brew's first day.

My main point was if it is true Roof helped bring about the first half of the season success for the Gophers, it makes me wonder what a quality HC is going to do with the present players at the U, especially since they are supposed to be better athletically.

But hey, fire away...

I really don't think he is that big of a loss. Even with all the talent at Auburn, his defense is not that good. The offense is why they have a shot at the National Championship, not their defense.

Top Bottom