Concern about attendance for cupcakes?

SelectionSunday

Reaction score

http://www.gophersports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=38661&SPID=3302&DB_OEM_ID=8400&ATCLID=204786379

Just a thought. ...

Perhaps there were some cancelations among season-ticket holders? Are they trying to con fans into buying tix for the marquee games (Bucky & Sparty) in order to get more fannies in the seats for mostly cupcakes? Have they done this kind of 3-pack before?

Preemptive strike for the friend. ... no I don't consider Saint Joe's a cupcake.

Many BCS schools do this. Couple their lesser known home opponents with a bigger name game.

Glad to see the Gophers offering 3-fers.

I suggest a concession promotion along with this. Cupcakes are hot these days. How 'bout a bogo - a free chocolate with gold frosting cupcake to go along with the cupcake.

I got that email the other day, and figured they had a few seats they were trying to peddle, and packaging them together squeezes a little more revenue. They are defacto selling WI and MSU tix for $90. The NFL does this for bad preseason games don't they? Were single game tickets available before this promotion? No matter how many of the tix to the crappy perseason they sell, it will be a 3/4 full arena at best for most of them, and packed to the rafters for the Big Ten if they are doing well.

Moonlight is correct about the rising (bad pun) popularity of cupcakes -- see The Cupcake Bubble ... the cupcake crash is coming

For that reason, I personally prefer "marshmallow" as the sobriquet for the likes of the Middle-East Statesville Techs that we play.

Someone better tell Jim Calhoun and Billy Donovan. Both perfected the Mostly Cupcakes In OOC Play scheduling on their way to 4 NCAA titles (since 1999).

Top Bottom