Commerical last night on Big Ten Football and Beyond

SelectionSunday

Reaction score
Wasn't sure whether to put this here or the OT board. ...

Did anyone see the commerical last night on Big Ten Football and Beyond, think it was for something called Mind Games? The commerical flashed 5 or 6 playing cards on the screen and told the viewer to pick one in their mind, then said in a few seconds they'd flash the one you picked. I'll be da*ned, I chose the King of Clubs and that's the one that flashed on my screen seconds later. Don't know how they do it, but it was pretty cool. Am I missing something?

Wasn't sure whether to put this here or the OT board. ...

Did anyone see the commerical last night on Big Ten Football and Beyond, think it was for something called Mind Games? The commerical flashed 5 or 6 playing cards on the screen and told the viewer to pick one in their mind, then said in a few seconds they'd flash the one you picked. I'll be da*ned, I chose the King of Clubs and that's the one that flashed on my screen seconds later. Don't know how they do it, but it was pretty cool. Am I missing something?

I am pretty sure they change ALL of the cards, they tell you to focus hard on the card you chose (so as not to notice what else is there) you notice all the cards are face cards, but only pay attention to yours. They replace the face cards with different face cards and everyone is amazed lol

I am pretty sure they change ALL of the cards, they tell you to focus hard on the card you chose (so as not to notice what else is there) you notice all the cards are face cards, but only pay attention to yours. They replace the face cards with different face cards and everyone is amazed lol

That's how it works.

I know there's a mind trick to this.. but the explanation by scher didn't make a damn sense.

Demonstrated here

They start out with 2 each of K, Q, J. One of each color. They replace a club with spade, heart for diamond, etc. for each. It doesn't matter which card they pull out since each and every card has been replaced.

Are you sure?

I don't believe there has ever been a commercial aired on BTN that hasn't included Velveeta and Ro-Tel Tomatoes.

Here's a link to this trick.

http://www.card-trick.com/missing_card.htm

You pick your card, click next, and then discover the card is gone. But all the cards have been replaced. You start out with the 8 of hearts, the 6 of clubs, the 7 of diamonds, the 6 of hearts, the 7 of clubs and the 8 of spades.

After you click next, the cards are the 6 of diamonds, the 8 of clubs, the seven of hearts, the 8 of diamonds and the 6 of spades. You don't notice that you have been tricked, because the numbers on the card stays the same and so do the colors.

An outsider who didn't know our record could guess it's not very good by our topics/conversations.....that being said a fascinating thread

Top Bottom