Columbus Post Dispatch: Minnesota a statement game for Ohio University

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per the Post Dispatch:

Victories over teams from so-called “Power Five’’ conferences are few for Ohio. Before Penn State, its previous “big win’’ came in overtime against Pittsburgh in 2005.

The Bobcats’ only victory against Minnesota came under coach Jim Grobe in 2000.

Purdum said practices have been different leading to this game against the Gophers.

“You are locked in because this can be a statement game for our team and our school,’’ he said. “It’s not as if we’re going in there trying to survive. We think we can beat them. Practices are more physical.’’

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2015/09/26/gameday/ohio-football.html

Go Gophers!!

I believe that Kent State score boosted their confidence. Better score on them quickly to let them know they do not have a shot.

I believe that Kent State score boosted their confidence. Better score on them quickly to let them know they do not have a shot.

We just need to play well early to boost our own confidence. I really think a good drive and a TD early on will set the tone for the rest of the game. We have started out so poorly so far this year.

We just need to play well early to boost our own confidence. I really think a good drive and a TD early on will set the tone for the rest of the game. We have started out so poorly so far this year.

We started the KSU game with a decent drive and a FG

Top Bottom