Colorado recruit forgoes rest of HS season

I don't know that this particular scenario is going to become much of trend. I can see more guys skipping their senior year of high school entirely to enroll early but not skipping out on your senior season while still in high school.

This feels like a player who screwed around for the first few years of high school and is now playing catchup in order to try and graduate early.

Hasn't early graduation been a thing for a long time? Or is the difference here that he is skipping his football season?

I don't like it, but I'm a grouchy old guy. In my book, if you make a commitment to a team, you should follow it through. sure, there is always the risk of injury if he plays out the HS season.

from the above video, his team was 2-2 when he made his decision. I think California plays a 9-game regular season followed by playoffs, so he played less than half of the regular season. his team was 8-5 last year, so must have made a playoff run.

note - was trying to find out more about the California HS playoff system - apparently there are 14 divisions. based on what I read, it's a fairly complicated setup.

Hasn't early graduation been a thing for a long time? Or is the difference here that he is skipping his football season?
I think the guy who made the video is a little confused on this one. This kid is just skipping his senior season to make up class work so that he can graduate early. Lots of guys play their senior season then graduate early so that they can take part in spring ball with their college team.

My guess is the kid this video is about didn't do that so he was behind.

The trend that could pick up at some point would be what Quinn Ewers did where he skipped his entire senior year of high school to enroll in college. I think Betts did the same thing for the Gopher basketball team.

Top Bottom