Colorado 17.5 dogs to USAF

swingman

Reaction score
With a loss to TCU in week 1, Colorado could come to Mpls limping and low on confidence.

They will have put a lot on film in first two weeks.

Being high or low on confidence is one thing. But they'll definitely be low on talent no matter what.

I just don’t get how they could have possibly thought it was a good idea to hire our OC?!
The Colorado fans on Reddit were livid.

It’s like they are trying to tank the program and alienate fans…

They could have picked some random assistant with no track record who maybe you hope is a diamond in the rough for cheap… but no they picked a guy with a bad track record.

Air Force covers comfortably. They are very good, and Colorado is bad.

Here's a video of Mike Sanford doing an interview at Colorado.

He's really good at talking a lot but with no specifics.

Uses a lot of good words though.
"Innately"
"systematically"
"exhibit traits that would surprise people"

He did an analysis after spring practice at 60% of passes were going to the WR's.

We loved that just today that he saw them using RB's in the passing game. He never had a full group of RB's who have natural ball skills.

A lot of "That's exciting to see".

"Innately"
"systematically"

He did an analysis after spring practice at 60% of passes were going to the WR's.

We loved that just today that he saw them using RB's in the passing game. He never had a full group of RB's who have natural ball skills.

About half way through I started wondering if the interviewer could sing.

About half way through I started wondering if the interviewer could sing.
From the video graphic: "Mark Johsnon - Voice of the Buffs"
Someone didn't proofread the names.

"Innately"
"systematically"

This guy in the video sounds really good we should hire him 😅

He has to be great at interviews because he isn't getting hired for his on the field accomplishments.

I think that's it. He mixes in enough sprinkles of detail to make it sound like he knows what he's talking about without giving a lot of detail, and when asked again, he repeats the same thing with the same lack of detail but using more words like "excited" and "may surprise". So he conveys positive energy, but he doesn't really say much.

The energy is what probably won him the job at MN, but lack of detail or knowledge is probably what held him back.

Regarding Colorado hiring him, I think it's because most people view the Head Coach as being in a spot where he'll be fired after 2022, and there probably weren't a lot of people clamoring for that job. For Sanford, it might be a one year gig, but if you need a job, working in 2022 is better than not working.

Air Force runs it 90% of the time. Colorado D-Line and LBs are going to be softened up a bit before they get run over next week.

I think that's it. He mixes in enough sprinkles of detail to make it sound like he knows what he's talking about without giving a lot of detail, and when asked again, he repeats the same thing with the same lack of detail but using more words like "excited" and "may surprise". So he conveys positive energy, but he doesn't really say much.

The energy is what probably won him the job at MN, but lack of detail or knowledge is probably what held him back.

Regarding Colorado hiring him, I think it's because most people view the Head Coach as being in a spot where he'll be fired after 2022, and there probably weren't a lot of people clamoring for that job. For Sanford, it might be a one year gig, but if you need a job, working in 2022 is better than not working.
It would be interesting to know how many people had to say no before they got to Sanford.

Sanford put the offensive in Coordinator. That said, everyone deserves a fourth chance.

"Innately"
"systematically"

He interviews well

Top Bottom