College Football is Dead

You truly are some weirdo stalker. I wasn't even watching the game but knew Beanie didn't return punts earlier this season. Find something better to do with your life.

Did the dog eat your homework also?

You got caught red handed and instead of admitting it and having a chuckle about it, you’ll turn around and gaslight me.

I’ll just go back to ignoring you (as I did at one point) and you can rest east big fella.

Have a great 2024 it’s a choice ✌️

Last edited:

Out of a bye but not the playoffs.
Not true:
Not sure who wins the leagues but the following leagues have a 2024 member ranked higher than Liberty:
Big ten
SEC
ACC
big 12
PAC 2
If they cut it to top 5 conferences at 7 at larges, unbeaten Liberty is out.

If they left it at 6, Tulane beating SMU would’ve kept unbeaten Liberty out.

I don’t know I kind of think the opposite. I love our schedule for next year, USC here at home two weeks after Iowa et al. How cool. I hope PJ changes his best watching his nonsense offense and game strategy is about the only thing that could kill it for me going forward. The last month, month and a half of this season I only half paid attention to the games. It was just too painful.
Are you watching USC tonight? Do you really think we have the speed to even make the game competitive?

I've previously held the optimistic approach that NIL and the transfer portal will eventually work itself out, and the elimination of the B1G West and conference expansion won't be as detrimental to the sport as others have continually complained about.

Kudos to the fans still willing to invest time and money into this. You're better than me. But as of today, I am done with college football until there are significant changes to pay for play, the transfer portal, and the SEC media/money bias.
Is it still dead ☠️, Fred?

Your new posts in the forum say no.

Just wondering what significant changes have occurred? Please be specific🤓

I've previously held the optimistic approach that NIL and the transfer portal will eventually work itself out, and the elimination of the B1G West and conference expansion won't be as detrimental to the sport as others have continually complained about.

But it's now pointless to remain a fan of Minnesota, or a fan of any other similar school that's not a helmet school. It's pointless to continue to invest time and money to a program that has no chance of competing. It's not a university problem, it's not a PJ problem, it's a college football problem.

I don't have a problem with NIL, players should be able to capitalize on their likeness. But NIL isn't the issue, pay for play is the issue. It has always been an issue, but it has become 1,000 times worse over the last few years than it has been in the past. Until pay for play is regulated to a fair playing field, there is no chance for the Gophers.

If you think expanding the playoffs will give more opportunity to other schools to compete, or make championship season more interesting, it won't. It just makes the regular season less important, and the SEC will still be favored for the final spots. Instead of 1 loss SEC teams getting in to the final 4, it'll be 4 loss SEC teams getting in over other conference teams with better records. If Minnesota wins 10 games again in a season and it's between them and an 8 or 9 win SEC team to make the playoffs, the SEC team will be in every single time.

Kudos to the fans still willing to invest time and money into this. You're better than me. But as of today, I am done with college football until there are significant changes to pay for play, the transfer portal, and the SEC media/money bias.
Yikes who pissed in your Cheerios?

Is it still dead ☠️, Fred?

Your new posts in the forum say no.

Just wondering what significant changes have occurred? Please be specific🤓

Because I've posted a few times over the last 3 months here, and some of it was related to the Vikings/NFL? You post more nonsense in 3 hours than that.

And what do you take exception to in my OP?

The greatest college football coach of all time just discussed why he retired and mentioned several of the same reasons I mentioned as reasons why. I'm sure you know better though.

You also need to get a life. You're basically as bad as Mpls Gopher at this point, unless you're just another account that they created, which wouldn't surprise me either.

Because I've posted a few times over the last 3 months here, and some of it was related to the Vikings/NFL? You post more nonsense in 3 hours than that.
Guess, this means something different in South Duh Kakato🤓
And what do you take exception to in my OP?
Never said I did, did I?

It wasn’t mentioned in my post, ergo it wasn’t the subject🤓
The greatest college football coach of all time just discussed why he retired and mentioned several of the same reasons I mentioned as reasons why. I'm sure you know better though.
If you say, so kiddo🤓
You also need to get a life.
I like mine very much😃, thanks.

Hopefully. You can say the same thing and if not; therapy and serving others at a food bank helped change my life. God Bless You - hopefully you understand some good natured jocularity when you experience it. Most ex-jocks do, it’s the childish way men bond; I’m certainly childish.
You're basically as bad as Mpls Gopher at this point,
While I don’t agree with much of what he posts, i don’t dislike him, as he’s authentic in what he believes - it’s consistently unique😎

I do my best to do that on here, talking openly about my mistakes/failures, admitting when I’m wrong/apologizing, and thanking others, when they do me a solid.
unless you're just another account that they created, which wouldn't surprise me either.
If you click on me and review my details, you’ll see I joined in 2008, you in 2013 and Mpls in 2017.

I didn’t post basically until 2020, as I used to work 60+ hours a week which included international projects, so lots of early mornings and late evenings. I used GH to view recruiting info.

Now that I’m semi-retired, I come on here for 💩 and giggles (male bonding), until I move to the next chapter in my life, when I’ll fade away again.

I’ll ignore you, as this is not a good use of my time and it seems to cause you angst.
You can also reciprocate - I won’t get offended - I’m Slovenian, not much bothers me😁

But it's now pointless to remain a fan of Minnesota, or a fan of any other similar school that's not a helmet school. It's pointless to continue to invest time and money to a program that has no chance of competing. It's not a university problem, it's not a PJ problem, it's a college football problem.

I don't have a problem with NIL, players should be able to capitalize on their likeness. But NIL isn't the issue, pay for play is the issue. It has always been an issue, but it has become 1,000 times worse over the last few years than it has been in the past. Until pay for play is regulated to a fair playing field, there is no chance for the Gophers.

If you think expanding the playoffs will give more opportunity to other schools to compete, or make championship season more interesting, it won't. It just makes the regular season less important, and the SEC will still be favored for the final spots. Instead of 1 loss SEC teams getting in to the final 4, it'll be 4 loss SEC teams getting in over other conference teams with better records. If Minnesota wins 10 games again in a season and it's between them and an 8 or 9 win SEC team to make the playoffs, the SEC team will be in every single time.

Paying students to pay will inevitably give birth to a union movement - and it has, at Dartmouth in basketball. This will make the situation even worse, if that is possible. In the '60s every B10 team except one won a football championship. That will never happen again.

If you click on me and review my details, you’ll see I joined in 2008
0LwzvaI.png

:unsure:

Paying students to pay will inevitably give birth to a union movement - and it has, at Dartmouth in basketball. This will make the situation even worse, if that is possible.
As crazy as it might seem, I think a genuine player's union (which is not what the Dartmouth case is), at the league level, is a key part to making it better.

It will enable sanity in the system, where we have chaos now. I'm talking things like organized player payments, player contracts with restricted movement for X years, and hopefully pay caps per team.

Yes, I made a mistake. I make them every day and am comfortable in my humanity😁

The point of my reply was to refute his accusation thst I might be an alternate account of yours, as that isn’t possible since I had joined before both of you and ergo, couldn’t be a “burner account” of yours, as you didn’t join until 2017.

Paying students to pay will inevitably give birth to a union movement - and it has, at Dartmouth in basketball. This will make the situation even worse, if that is possible. In the '60s every B10 team except one won a football championship. That will never happen again.
I don't think many are paying as much attention to the Dartmouth basketball lawsuit as they should. The fact that you have a federal regulatory body in the NLRB that has already ruled that players are already being treated like employees adds a huge amount of credibility to this lawsuit. The possible outcome of this lawsuit will have much more far-reaching effects than NIL is having on college athletics. When it comes to NIL it's really most significantly impacting the Power 5 schools and to a lesser degree the Group of 5 schools that are getting their top players cherry-picked. Plus, the schools aren't being forced to pay NIL. However, if the court rules in favor of the Dartmouth players it will have an impact across all levels of college athletics. Once that happens, they can't just say you have to pay football and basketball players, but not volleyball and wrestling athletes. Even beyond that, you can't say you have to pay D1 football players but not D2 players. There will be those programs at the D2 level that are already struggling that say Ok that's the last straw if we need to pay our athletes, then we are done. Basically, it could be a tsunami for college athletics with hundreds of different college programs disappearing as the schools say this is no longer sustainable financially. Be careful what you wish for because there are kids in the high school graduating class of 2030 who may find they have much fewer opportunities to get their school paid for by playing college sports.

I don't think many are paying as much attention to the Dartmouth basketball lawsuit as they should. The fact that you have a federal regulatory body in the NLRB that has already ruled that players are already being treated like employees adds a huge amount of credibility to this lawsuit. The possible outcome of this lawsuit will have much more far-reaching effects than NIL is having on college athletics. When it comes to NIL it's really most significantly impacting the Power 5 schools and to a lesser degree the Group of 5 schools that are getting their top players cherry-picked. Plus, the schools aren't being forced to pay NIL. However, if the court rules in favor of the Dartmouth players it will have an impact across all levels of college athletics. Once that happens, they can't just say you have to pay football and basketball players, but not volleyball and wrestling athletes. Even beyond that, you can't say you have to pay D1 football players but not D2 players. There will be those programs at the D2 level that are already struggling that say Ok that's the last straw if we need to pay our athletes, then we are done. Basically, it could be a tsunami for college athletics with hundreds of different college programs disappearing as the schools say this is no longer sustainable financially. Be careful what you wish for because there are kids in the high school graduating class of 2030 who may find they have much fewer opportunities to get their school paid for by playing college sports.
Here's the problem I see with Dartmouth. They're an Ivy, and the Ivy (theoretically) doesn't give athletic scholarships. At least not directly as you'd see in most conferences. So with that, the players aren't being compensated with a scholarship/room/board like in other conferences, so what then makes them "employees?" In this case (and it would be true for D3 players as well) they're part of a team voluntarily, like any other student organization.

I think for this union question to be decided, it has to be done with players under scholarship. And even then it may be looked at differently between public and private schools.

Top Bottom