College football 2021: Most underrated, overrated teams by P5 conference (Big Ten Most underrated: Minnesota Golden Gophers)

BleedGopher

Reaction score
per John:

Most underrated: Minnesota Golden Gophers

The media pundits predict that Minnesota will finish fourth in the Big Ten West this upcoming season, behind Northwestern, Iowa, and Wisconsin.

The Golden Gophers have an experienced, rebuilt offensive line and have some quality additions set to join the team, such as Texas A&M transfer wide receiver Dylan Wright. Running back Mohamed Ibrahim, the Big Ten Running Back of the Year, also gives second-year offensive coordinator Mike Sanford Jr. a talented attack.

The Golden Gophers flew under the radar last year, finishing 3-4 after having multiple games canceled. Most of the nation has quickly forgotten the “row the boat” mania of 2019 that head coach P.J. Fleck captured while Minnesota finished 11-2 and had reached the No. 7 ranking in the nation. I predict that Minnesota will surprise people this year and recapture some of that program-defining momentum from two years ago.

Go Gophers!!

Best way to play this is bet the opener vs OSU, once we show what we are made of you will never get another good line.

If sports betting were legal in MN, I would love to Hammer the Gophs to cover and put a little on the outright win and Hammer the under. I just have a feeling that first game will be more slugfest than shootout.

Go Gophers!!!

Top Bottom