College Basketball Transfer Portal Thread - 2024

Mashburn transferring to Temple is a head scratcher. The Mountain West is a better conference so I don’t know what he gains by transferring. NIL dollars at Temple?
He was the third best guard at New Mexico. Guessing he is hoping to be the man.

Isaiah Gray (Cornell) to Akron
Luke O'Brien (Colorado) to Georgia Tech

I can only imagine MN knew this and has been hosting others. Would love to see the huge board in the MN "war room" of portal entrants and possible transfers, agents to contact, phone numbers, IG accounts. Would be crazy.
A lot of X marks and erased names I'd imagine - We've got to be more competitive and get a couple guys

We're soft

Interesting note, although at this point I'm sure someone will sue and get that changed. Because why not🤦‍♂️
I mean I guess at least they are trying to bring a little bit of sanity to things. If they actually enforce the May 1 deadline for entry than at least teams will know who they have on their roster for sure as they try and fill the empty spots.

But yeah....someone will probably sue because restrictions are bad and players should be allowed to do whatever they want whenever they want to with zero restrictions or rules.

I can only imagine MN knew this and has been hosting others. Would love to see the huge board in the MN "war room" of portal entrants and possible transfers, agents to contact, phone numbers, IG accounts. Would be crazy.
The Minnesota War Room is Coyle sending a terse text to his wife from his cell phone.

Losing recruits to Akron. Great. Poor Ben.

I'm good with Rigsby instead. I would rather they "lose" 100 times to find 5 -6 guys than just go after a few guys. Cast the net wide and risk losing.

I'm good with Rigsby instead. I would rather they "lose" 100 times to find 5 -6 guys than just go after a few guys. Cast the net wide and risk losing.
We could easily use both.

I get seeing this at face value implies losing a recruit to Akron. Devil's advocate: Gray values starting/ playing time at a mid-major over a lesser role in the B1G. With Hawkins (Gray announced mere hours after Hawkins did, so I will assume Gray was thinking he wasn't going anywhere), there wasn't as much time in our backcourt, especially factoring in that Christie may return. Do you think that he would've been a starter over Hawkins or Christie? Could've impacted his decision, as far as I'm concerned.

Former Gopher commit Dennis Evans (Louisville) comes to contract terms with Grand Canyon, per Jon Rothstein.

He landed at a pretty good small school program. I guess having 5 stars next to your name coming out of high school will give you opportunities for some time even if you haven't shown anything.

He landed at a pretty good small school program. I guess having 5 stars next to your name coming out of high school will give you opportunities for some time even if you haven't shown anything.
He’ll give them ten to fifteen minutes a game of rim protecting in that league and allow the guards to put more pressure on the opponent perimeter players. Good pick up for Canyon and nice landing spot for Evans.

He’ll give them ten to fifteen minutes a game of rim protecting in that league and allow the guards to put more pressure on the opponent perimeter players. Good pick up for Canyon and nice landing spot for Evans.
I'd gladly have welcomed him back as a back-up center.

Top Bottom