College basketball is a disaster

The NBA certainly has its issues, but at least it has rules and guardrails. Most notably, there are contracts and it is all out in the public. The current state of college basketball is insanity that is somehow managing to get crazier.

Its a total waste of time as a fan. Thank God for the NBA.
At this point college basketball is something to watch when it is on TV to get a sports fix but yeah as a fan it is kind of pointless to get all that invested in any teams of players right now because you don't really know what to expect year to year.

I’m more invested in our women’s program. Braun and Battle are great interviews and have chosen to stick in Minnesota despite the coaching change. We hit a home run with the Coach P hire and have good recruits coming in. This program is truly on the rise, I have no worries here, the men……

Almost have to force yourself to ignore from end of season to enrollment day in the fall.

Actually, I'd say the opposite. There's a hell of a lot more to follow in the offseason than there used to be. I'd hate it if I were a coach. You're recruiting freshman plus replacements for players you just lost.

Actually, I'd say the opposite. There's a hell of a lot more to follow in the offseason than there used to be. I'd hate it if I were a coach. You're recruiting freshman plus replacements for players you just lost.

Don't forget about recruiting the players that haven't left yet. A coach has to basically re-recruit their own roster every year.

I’m more invested in our women’s program. Braun and Battle are great interviews and have chosen to stick in Minnesota despite the coaching change. We hit a home run with the Coach P hire and have good recruits coming in. This program is truly on the rise, I have no worries here, the men……
Same. The women's game also seems somewhat less impacted by NIL and transfer chaos.

Didn’t they lose by like 70 to Penn State? Good game though coach.

Didn’t they lose by like 70 to Penn State? Good game though coach.
When Braun went down so did the team. They will have more depth this year with Johnson, klick and McKinney coming in. Coach P has a .721 lifetime winning percentage at South Dakota and her one year in West Virginia. She wins wherever she goes and will win here

Same. The women's game also seems somewhat less impacted by NIL and transfer chaos.
Because there isn't nearly the same money in it. Very few care so where would the NIL come from.... unless schools like the U are just doling it out equally to be egalitarian?

I've had both Wolves and Gopher tickets for years. The NBA is far superior in every way right now. Not even close.
That’s your opinion, and it’s not the same as mine. I can’t stand the NBA. Never have , never will.

That’s your opinion, and it’s not the same as mine. I can’t stand the NBA. Never have , never will.
The difference between the NBA and M-CBB is like the difference between a high school orchestra and the Chicago Chamber. The M-CBB product has never been worse and little point in watching unless its your team/player.

The difference between the NBA and M-CBB is like the difference between a high school orchestra and the Chicago Chamber. The M-CBB product has never been worse and little point in watching unless its your team/player.
Once the "amateur" angle is removed and these are essentially "paid" minor league players, all semblance of providing leeway for developing players goes out the window. So when a player like Payne, who has potential, but is nowhere near "great", fumbles the ball trying to dribble in the paint, can't shoot outside of 2 1/2 feet and makes less than 50% of his free throws, but is being paid senior VP level money for marginal effectiveness, I hope the kid has a good therapist, because he is going to get crucified. And he should get crucified.

I caught the 4th quarter of the Wolves dismantling of Toronto. The money he is rumored to be getting offered is more than the NBA league minimum. By the end of the game, almost all the guys on the floor were either 2-way contracts or league minimums. Garza would eat him alive, and it wouldn't even be close. What would I rather watch? A bench player that was one of the more dominant bigs in college and is a proven asset? Or a developmental project big who can't effectively shoot a 4 ft jump shot?

I am rapidly becoming more of an NBA fan, because the product is stable. Rosters remain largely predictable year to year. Transactions and salaries are all out in the open. Teams have hard caps on what they can spend. People do not like unpleasant surprises. The portal is a reshuffling of the deck chairs every 12 months. Maybe your ship stays afloat. More than likely it takes on water and sputters, or in our case, keeps ramming ice bergs and sinks. Great for the players I guess, but it will destroy the product if it is continued to be managed like this.

Top Bottom