Cole Kramer

I can vouch $ does get players on a team. I am not saying that is what happened with Kramer but I have seen it in D1 hockey. ‘Someone had to be on the 4th line might as well take the legacy and the 100k donation’

I can vouch $ does get players on a team. I am not saying that is what happened with Kramer but I have seen it in D1 hockey. ‘Someone had to be on the 4th line might as well take the legacy and the 100k donation’
Only 1 QB can play, a lot of politics in this position. Not so much in others because it is more black and white. JJ the 5 star QB for Michigan's dad own a few Ford Dealerships in Chicago, Miller for UCS, Dad is a big real estate developer. The Freshman QB for ND's dad is a big financial guy and the sophomore QB at ND his dad was in charge of NASCAR. All these QB's are like 6 foot tall. Money talks.

Is this a reference to the best 4th line in college hockey?

I've never heard being more athletic means you're more instinctive. Apparently Tom Brady isn't very instinctive.
Tom Brady is both athletic and instinctive.

Kramer might be decent athlete, but he does not exactly look like like Ricky Foggie out there, and he is listed at not much more that 200 lbs.

What is Kramer's 40 time? 4.6? I doubt it.
Maybe. But if it is then Morgan goes 5.2.

Maybe. But if it is then Morgan goes 5.2.
Gophs don't run an offense where the QB is a feature of the running game. Fleck has said multiple time he does not like the QB running. Kramer looked like a #3-4 QB in the practices I attended.

Kramer might be decent athlete, but he does not exactly look like like Ricky Foggie out there, and he is listed at not much more that 200 lbs.

What is Kramer's 40 time? 4.6? I doubt it.
He's had time in the high 4.5s - high 4.6s

Move him to WR. His Sophomore year in HS he started for EP at 5'10" and 160 pounds.
Meh, we Crean receivers like no other program I know. No sense in adding him to an already bloated room. He clearly has some wildcat value and could be a quarterback for us in two years

Okay, if that is valid, I am somewhat impressed. He sort of looks like me in the uniform live, which is why I was skeptical.

I am barely 6'2" and about 202-215 depending on if I work out. Right now the 204 LBS, post bike ride season/ tri season is all good to great weight and in 3 months it all will be bad flabby weight, plus 12 or so if i do not change my eating habits or start running 8 miles a day in the snow, with some weights mixed in.

I ran a 4.7 on the best day of my life 35 years ago, so good for the EP star.
Okay, if that is valid, I am somewhat impressed. He sort of looks like me in the uniform live, which is why I was skeptical.

I am barely 6'2" and about 202-215 depending on if I work out. Right now the 204 LBS, post bike ride season/ tri season is all good to great weight and in 3 months it all will be bad flabby weight, plus 12 or so if i do not change my eating habits or start running 8 miles a day in the snow, with some weights mixed in.

Fascinating.

But can you throw a ball 40 yards?

Ok not so insightful ..... agreed.... gone
What is both fascinating and insightful is the revelation our second, third, fourth, or fifth best quarterback is not in as good shape as some clown in a Lazyboy with a beer in one hand and a bag of cheese curds in the other.

No offense to "some" clown on the Lazyboy as I am on a circa 2003 Marshal Fields $2000 leather couch.

Getting in shape as a borderline old man or as a 20 year old are pretty much the same thing..... you just need to have toughness, devotion, discipline, and emotional strength.

You pretty much just need to commit to 25/30 days of ginding it out on the bike or running trail and the fat goes away quick. Most people cannot stick to the grind. ONce you get to days 60, 90 and 120 all the fat starts to melt away. NO EXCUSES

I was in the worst shape of my adult live in March, and by June I was okay. By August I was as thin as I had been in years and it was all about a few runs, swim, and 30 miles, every day on the bike.
Are you Dan Nichol?

Only 1 QB can play, a lot of politics in this position. Not so much in others because it is more black and white. JJ the 5 star QB for Michigan's dad own a few Ford Dealerships in Chicago, Miller for UCS, Dad is a big real estate developer. The Freshman QB for ND's dad is a big financial guy and the sophomore QB at ND his dad was in charge of NASCAR. All these QB's are like 6 foot tall. Money talks.
So how in the world is Kristoff Kowalkowski only playing at a nonscholarship D1 program?

So how in the world is Kristoff Kowalkowski only playing at a nonscholarship D1 program?
Good question, I think he wanted to stay close to home. He just turned 18, I guess it is called live and learn.

If we are going to rely so heavily on running the ball maybe an option qb would be for the best.
Exactly. Why run RPO if you QB isn't a threat to R? The defense is aware that Minnesota's QB "runs" on the RPO about once every 5th game. That eliminates 50% of the the RPO threat. Then, Minnesota "Runs" via handoff the vast majority of the time, especially on first down. No wonder the pass game is brutal. Goldy is always in a 3rd and 9+ situation.

Exactly. Why run RPO if you QB isn't a threat to R? The defense is aware that Minnesota's QB "runs" on the RPO about once every 5th game. That eliminates 50% of the the RPO threat. Then, Minnesota "Runs" via handoff the vast majority of the time, especially on first down. No wonder the pass game is brutal. Goldy is always in a 3rd and 9+ situation.
How is the QB running 50 percent of the threat when RPO gives the option of handing it off or throwing it?

Again,

RPO is the quarterback deciding to hand off to the running back (R=run) or pulling it back and passing (P=pass) Option. The quarterback running on an RPO play is NOT an option. If the pass play breaks down and the QB ends up running, that is a broken play...not planned.

A "Read-Option" play is when the QB will hand it off or run it himself.... like in the old wishbone offense...

As long as Sanford is calling long routes and pass protection isn't there, it doesn't matter who you put back there to get sacked by the opponents defensive line.

Essentially, your best option is whichever QB is the biggest rebel and will "sandlot" it during a game ignoring whatever Sanford tells him before he gets benched.

I'm going to go with Annexstad as the best option to do that, yet have some success. The other three guys are too young and have too much on the line (scholarships). ZA is probably almost graduated by now anyway.

As long as Sanford is calling long routes and pass protection isn't there, it doesn't matter who you put back there to get sacked by the opponents defensive line.

Essentially, your best option is whichever QB is the biggest rebel and will "sandlot" it during a game ignoring whatever Sanford tells him before he gets benched.

I'm going to go with Annexstad as the best option to do that, yet have some success. The other three guys are too young and have too much on the line (scholarships). ZA is probably almost graduated by now anyway.
Yeah pretty much need to put someone in to just be a gun slinger at this point if that’s the kind of play calls they are going to do. Going to need to force some throws and go for the high risk high reward I guess.

It has been said in these forums many times, that a very, very high percentage of those plays are designed RPOs, not a read option- where the quarterback is to decide hand off or run himself... Correct? Perhaps someone more knowledgeable than me with the X's and O's can confirm.
QB's don't run in an RPO, it's either hand off to the back or pass

Dear PJ-
All of this banter and bile as well as Heather getting her undies in a bundle would have been avoided simply by getting the team ready to beat a crappy Bowling Green team. You might have been exposed later but at least it would be a loss to a Big Ten team.

I know, failure equals growth!

Sincerely,
GopherDog

Dear PJ-
All of this banter and bile as well as Heather getting her undies in a bundle would have been avoided simply by getting the team ready to beat a crappy Bowling Green team. You might have been exposed later but at least it would be a loss to a Big Ten team.

I know, failure equals growth!

Sincerely,
GopherDog
I hear you, but to be honest I'd rather lose to BG that a big10 team.

Solid programs rarely loose to subpar competition. We have been listening to PJ's elevator music now for the last few years and we obviously want to believe him. So, the bigger question is after five years what is the true status of the team?

Solid programs rarely loose to subpar competition. We have been listening to PJ's elevator music now for the last few years and we obviously want to believe him. So, the bigger question is after five years what is the true status of the team?
Inconclusive to status quo. 2020 was stressful for all programs but those with better, deeper talent and coaching weathered through better. 2019 was a giant bright spot for Fleck but similar results to past 25 years in other years of his tenure so far. Recruiting talent under Fleck is higher on paper, but has not really translated onto the field of play.

Inconclusive to status quo. 2020 was stressful for all programs but those with better, deeper talent and coaching weathered through better. 2019 was a giant bright spot for Fleck but similar results to past 25 years in other years of his tenure so far. Recruiting talent under Fleck is higher on paper, but has not really translated onto the field of play.
Wonder how WR recruiting is looking?

Top Bottom