Cockran Rated #8 DL on Early Bird Preview

pretty impressive list to be on. Let's hope his production wasn't tied entirely to Hageman inside. Here's to hoping his has the type of season that justifies that ranking.

Very surprising that he made it not because he isn't good but just because he doesn't have nearly amount of name recognition as some of the other guys. Easily my favorite player headed into next year and him and Ra'Shede were my two favorite last year. I just love watching athletic 6-6 or above basketball type D-lineman, QBs and WRs excel on the football field.

This was the same site that had us at #24 in their preseason top 25 rankings for next year(before the Cuse loss) so lots of love for the gophers over there.

Very surprising that he made it not because he isn't good but just because he doesn't have nearly amount of name recognition as some of the other guys. Easily my favorite player headed into next year and him and Ra'Shede were my two favorite last year. I just love watching athletic 6-6 or above basketball type D-lineman, QBs and WRs excel on the football field.

This was the same site that had us at #24 in their preseason top 25 rankings for next year(before the Cuse loss) so lots of love for the gophers over there.

A big factor in this may be Jerry Kill who has been promoting him as All Big Ten. I suspect many of these services take their clues from coaches. Over the past year more and more people are starting to listen to Kill.

Somebody ought to tweet this at Cornell. Let's become known as D-Line U!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

202283.jpg

Mortell probably should've received a few honorary votes for Team MVP.

Not easy for freshmen to break into a list like that. I agree Maxx and Mortell should have been on it. A the end of the year it will be very different. This will be the Gophers break out season. We are accumulating depth so that we will soon be able to stop building (note I didn't say rebuilding) and start reloading. We have a football program on our hands and that hasn't been the case during most of the poster's lifetimes.

Don't worry. By the end of this coming season, there will be few Gophers competing for All B1G Team selections.

Top Bottom