Cobbs not transferring?

PurplePride

Banned
Reaction score
From Sid's column:
All the media are reporting that Justin Cobbs, the Gophers point guard from Torrance, Calif., is transferring to a school closer to home. But the other day in the company of two of his teammates, Cobbs told me the rumors of his transferring are not true. We'll find out if he was telling me the truth.

I hope this is true. I for one think Cobbs will end up being a solid player before its all said and done.

I honestly don't see why people think cobbs is so bad. Just because all freshman don't play like john wall doesn't mean that they can't grow. With cobbs' athletism just like RW jr., sky is the limit.

There's already a thread on here, posted the other day, that talks about Justin's FB status saying something about how he loves his teammates and all. So I'm really not surprised if it's true that he's staying. In this day and age, with FB, twitter, and all the other new media sources out there, rumors can spread like wildfire, and more often than not, they are probably not true. If Rodney Williams posted something on his FB page about how he's having a hard time in practice, and things just haven't been going well, there'd probably be a rumor someplace tomorrow that questions whether he's looking to transfer. It's pretty ridiculous, really.

I hope he stays too. Dont think he is a major impact player, but could be a solid player here.

I hope he stays for the pure fact that this team will have little depth for the coming seasons in terms of upper clansmen which will kill Tubby's ability to keep developing players. No Royce/Carter/Cobbs going into next year would not be good.

:clap::clap::clap:

Very good news.

As far as comments from some of the posters, IMO, you have to take them with a large dose of salt. Some of these people are not Gophers, they are clearly not fans and they are also not nice people. IMO they are internet flashers just trying to get a reaction and a rise out of people.

Really sad that they have to do this to get attention.

This is good news and more importantly I hope it is true. We need Justin and what he brings to the team. With a 10+ player rotation there always needs to be a strong leader at point. Again, I thought he played well for a freshman and has great potential. Tough kid.

Damian Johnson takes a shot at a sportswriter or two in his latest tweet:

"not tryin 2 offend the sportswriters but they just need stop tryin 2 make a story b4 it happen"

Go Gophers!!

Well said, Damian! The sportswriters are so paranoid to break a story that they make-up the story. Put the whole bunch in that pot.

Damian and Justin

You have to love Damian and I for one hope Justin stays. I think he will get plenty of minutes here and will grow into a solid Big Ten player.

:clap::clap::clap:

I hope he stays, too. I thought he made a solid contribution last year and showed plenty of promise.

Top Bottom