Coaching staff change

Elevenseven

Reaction score
Sowder is not coaching the tight ends and staff member Brian Sheehan is now coaching them. Sowder is still on the staff, looks like he is not coaching the tight ends.

Last edited:

I for one not happy with the tight end room. Didn't they realize there was a problem earlier with the room?

You got my hopes up...wonder when this change happened? Was it prior to the season or is this a recent change?

Also, where did you get this info? The coaching staff on the gophers website doesn't have this change. Did PJ mention it in his press conference this week?

It actually happened the week prior to the Eastern Michigan game. Sowder was not on the road seeing players in games last Friday like all the other coaches including P.J. who was at Perich's game.

Ryan Burns has been talking about this on his various podcasts for a couple of weeks.

may be reckless speculation, but when you consider how poorly BSF and the other TE's have been playing, the fact that there has apparently been a change at the TE Coach position cannot be a coincidence.

Hopefully PJ does the right thing and sends Harbaugh and Simon packing after the season.

I know a guy on the staff who has OC experience!

Sowder is not coaching the tight ends and staff member Brian Sheehan is now coaching them. Sowder is still on the staff, looks like he is not coaching the tight ends.
You got my hopes up...wonder when this change happened? Was it prior to the season or is this a recent change?
Also, where did you get this info? The coaching staff on the gophers website doesn't have this change. Did PJ mention it in his press conference this week?
This information has been out there for a while.

BSF thread

I don't think they necessarily need to be fired, but I would like to see an experienced OC here.
I think one has to go unless Harbaugh goes back to TE coach and the guy coaching them at the moment goes back to being an analyst, then there would be a spot open for another coach.

My hope for these next 6 games is that Simon gets a couple of games calling the shots and that we know he is calling the shots. If they do better then we know Simon can do the job and PJ just needs to find an experienced QB coach and get over his need to have the OC/QB coach be the same guy. If Simon does get to call the shots and the play calling still sucks, please look externally and go for someone with a proven track record with Offenses and QBs. I posted elsewhere but I have my eye on Mack Leftwich from Texas State. Seems to be a good play caller and QB coach and is at a G5 school, so if he's looking to step up the P5 we could pitch him on that.

I for one not happy with the tight end room. Didn't they realize there was a problem earlier with the room?

To be fair, I don't think we've seen enough of the tight ends other than BSF to say that they've been bad.

I think one has to go unless Harbaugh goes back to TE coach and the guy coaching them at the moment goes back to being an analyst, then there would be a spot open for another coach.

My hope for these next 6 games is that Simon gets a couple of games calling the shots and that we know he is calling the shots. If they do better then we know Simon can do the job and PJ just needs to find an experienced QB coach and get over his need to have the OC/QB coach be the same guy. If Simon does get to call the shots and the play calling still sucks, please look externally and go for someone with a proven track record with Offenses and QBs. I posted elsewhere but I have my eye on Mack Leftwich from Texas State. Seems to be a good play caller and QB coach and is at a G5 school, so if he's looking to step up the P5 we could pitch him on that.
PJ needs to clean house on the offensive side.

Hopefully PJ does the right thing and sends Harbaugh and Simon packing after the season.
I would say that these 2 are in very hot water. I could see Harbaugh being demoted back to TE coach and Simon to WR coach only. They would be well paid position coaches at 600 grand a year.

Top Bottom