Coaching matters.

balds

Reaction score
Gray is not a perfect QB. Notice how this staff put him in positions where he could be at his best? Notice his attention to ball security, switching the ball to his outside hand, etc? Notice how well they tackled/the lack of extra yards? This year will be tough, but damn if we don't hav one hell of a coaching staff.

My expectation is that we should see progress with this team as the lessons get ingrained in the team. Gray has made progress each game. Oline has been very poor especially run block had good moments yesterday. Better pash rush yesterday I thought. Hanging on for the ride.

I gotta be honest, this team has not looked like a well coached team. Gray has been extraordinarily poorly utilized. NMSU and MOH had zero answer for his legs yet we seemed slow to realize that and didn't rely on him in key situations (what's with the gimmick reverse on 3rd and 2?). How can this team look so awful on decisive downs with short yardage? What is with the procedure penalties? I have been a Kill supporter from Day 1, but I'm not impressed so far. Time will tell

I gotta be honest, this team has not looked like a well coached team. Gray has been extraordinarily poorly utilized. NMSU and MOH had zero answer for his legs yet we seemed slow to realize that and didn't rely on him in key situations (what's with the gimmick reverse on 3rd and 2?). How can this team look so awful on decisive downs with short yardage? What is with the procedure penalties? I have been a Kill supporter from Day 1, but I'm not impressed so far. Time will tell

A couple numbers for you:

17 for 110

25 for 171

You're right - we aren't using his legs nearly enough.

Rychart FTW.

Some people can never be satisfied. We rushed the QB 25 times and somehow he wasn't utilized enough.

This isn't a video game.

Rychart FTW.

Some people can never be satisfied. We rushed the QB 25 times and somehow he wasn't utilized enough.

This isn't a video game.

It's not? Based on all of expert commentors on GH you could have fooled me.

I think we use some of the gimmick plays on short yardage because we are so poor op front. I don't like the calls either but I think the coaches know what they are doing and believe that is the best way for us to get the yardage.

I think we use some of the gimmick plays on short yardage because we are so poor op front. I don't like the calls either but I think the coaches know what they are doing and believe that is the best way for us to get the yardage.

I guess I'm confused over this notion that the Gophers are horribly weak on the offensive line. Has anybody been WATCHING the games? If I were double-teamed every single snap, I would look pretty poor too. They are facing 8 and sometimes even 9 men within 4 yards of the LOS on a HUGE percentage of the snaps.

If you look closely, the plays where they aren't facing those kinds of fronts, the line performs just fine for the most part and subsequently, those are the plays where Gray looks at his best and most comfortable as well. Right now, giving an accurate assessment of the O-line is just about impossible for the average fan. If I hear Limegrover or Kill say the Gophers are struggling big time there, then I'll be concerned.

I'm not ready to push the panic button just yet on the O-line just because Joe Blow fan sees a little too much penetration or lack of a running game.

Top Bottom