Coaches reportedly unhappy Minneapolis is hosting Big Ten media days

This is such BS. 90% of them will fly and Minneapolis is easier to fly to than Indianapolis. Jeff Goodman is whiny about it and blames it on "coaches."
My hunch is the coaches are all (or a majority) flying private, so Mankato would have been just as easy to fly into as Minneapolis.

My hunch is the coaches are all (or a majority) flying private, so Mankato would have been just as easy to fly into as Minneapolis.
True, but the same goes for the media and they will be flying commercial, I assume.

True, but the same goes for the media and they will be flying commercial, I assume.
True, I thought focus on the distaste for MSP was on the Coaches.

I get why many more would prefer Chicago, but don't understand a huge preference for Indianapolis. Nothing against Indy, and they have a nice new airport but otherwise Minneapolis is at no worse equal to Indianapolis.

Especially in early October.

They might as well get used to it, the B1G will be more of a Midwest/western US focused conference in the near future.

If it's about distance traveled, then why the f*ck would they want to hold the BIG basketball tourney in LA? (as reported in another thread)

I could understand Goodman thinking Chicago should host. But Indy? Are you kidding me?

Then again, this is Goodman we're talking about. Tweeting any and all dumb crap for no real reason is his thing.

Is he referencing distance traveled, or taking a stab at the current state of the city itself?

all of their regular "girlfriends" are in Chicago and Indy.

seriously, I think it's just complaining about having to go someplace different. In Chicago and Indy, they stay at the same hotels every year, eat at the same restaurants, drink at the same bars, etc.
'
In Mpls, they have to find new places to stay, eat and drink.

Chicago is a warzone right now. Much safer to head up to Minny for a quick media day.

India-No-Place - seriously? Lets try to dress it up a little...

all of their regular "girlfriends" are in Chicago and Indy.

seriously, I think it's just complaining about having to go someplace different. In Chicago and Indy, they stay at the same hotels every year, eat at the same restaurants, drink at the same bars, etc.
'
In Mpls, they have to find new places to stay, eat and drink.
Their athletic departments will set it all up. They’ll just have to decide where to eat. The challenges of life!

Downtown Mpls is a cesspool. That's why the coaches don't want to come. It's like living in a ghost town with only thieves and thugs wandering the streets. 😏

My guess is Goodman talked to one coach who was a little cranky about having to do something a little different. Out of a three minute conversation, he spun a story.

saw a tweet quoting the Ohio State Coach, Chris Holtmann. he said some coaches would complain if they held the event in their own city. also said he has no problem with holding the event in Minneapolis

found the quote:

Appreciate the city of Minneapolis hosting Big Ten Media Day. I know there's some reports of coaches complaining about it being up here, but suffice it to say I wouldn't take it personal. We're coaches, we'd complain if it was in our back yards.

Not sure why this is a thing. If I were the coach, I would want to go somewhere different every year just to see new things.
Who cares either way, this is a nothingburger.

Top Bottom