Coach Mo Named "Assistant Head Coach"

You, self admittedly, do not possess sufficient credibility in this subject to have the opinion or make a statement that someone else's opinion in this subject is crazy.

Under the premise that only a B1G coach can posses said credibility you are correct. So, again, you posses this credibility because you are Glenn Mason, right? I have to admit that is pretty credible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it was marketing the program and doing interviews.

Recruiting is important. Marketing the program and doing interviews is no more important for PJ than Urban Meyer. We won 5 games. Nobody is listening except Mark Coyle who heard his plea over and over about 6 head coaches in 11 years gave him an extension. Show up on Sunday mornings for agreed upon scheduled appearances if it's job #1. Whole segment of people, some with money to contribute who are tired of being dismissed as unimportant.
Every where I go that the discussion turns to Gopher football...think PJ is crazy. (Gatherings, health club, church, meetings etc) I'm left to offer patience or wait and see as a rebuttal. Then he says something crazy again or they get beat 70 to zero and I get laughed at the next time. With all the hype attendance was flat lined. Talking less, showing up more would serve PJ well. When he is positive, animated and enthusiastic he's awesome! When he's trying to save his job in year zero he is pathetic.

I don’t usually make comments like this but this thread has taken a hilariously weird turn.

My apparently worthless opinion...PJ can recruit and that’s important. Having an eye for talent is an underrated skill IMO. If one can bring in consensus blue chippers that skill isn’t as necessary...

If one buys into the idea that a HC is a totally hands-off delegator in regards to the construction and development of the football team then that HC better hire coordinators and PCs that can get the most out of the players on their roster, scout the opponent’s weaknesses, identify recruits to pursue, etc.. Saban, Meyer are successful at least in part because they bring in coaches that are elite. Hopefully the staff PJ has assembled will build systems that are effective on game day, otherwise CEO Fleck will be sacked and replaced by his interim in 4-5 years.

Under the premise that only a B1G coach can posses said credibility you are correct. So, again, you posses this credibility because you are Glenn Mason, right? I have to admit that is pretty credible.

I think he already said that he was.

You seem very skeptical.

Recruiting is important. Marketing the program and doing interviews is no more important for PJ than Urban Meyer. We won 5 games. Nobody is listening except Mark Coyle who heard his plea over and over about 6 head coaches in 11 years gave him an extension. Show up on Sunday mornings for agreed upon scheduled appearances if it's job #1. Whole segment of people, some with money to contribute who are tired of being dismissed as unimportant.
Every where I go that the discussion turns to Gopher football...think PJ is crazy. (Gatherings, health club, church, meetings etc) I'm left to offer patience or wait and see as a rebuttal. Then he says something crazy again or they get beat 70 to zero and I get laughed at the next time. With all the hype attendance was flat lined. Talking less, showing up more would serve PJ well. When he is positive, animated and enthusiastic he's awesome! When he's trying to save his job in year zero he is pathetic.

I think marketing the program is far more important at the U of M than it is as Ohio St.

Nationwide, everyone knows who Ohio St is.
That's not the same for Minnesota.

Keep in mind, we had a real PR job to do here to clean up our name in the last year. PJ has been excellent at doing that, and I think it helped several mothers buy in getting their sons to commit here.

Under the premise that only a B1G coach can posses said credibility you are correct.

Glad you agree that you don't possess the credibility to hold an opinion that his opinion is crazy.

You can have whatever opinion you want, but you don't get to pretend that you can dismiss anyone else's opinion, on this topic.

Glad that is settled.

I think marketing the program is far more important at the U of M than it is as Ohio St.

Nationwide, everyone knows who Ohio St is.
That's not the same for Minnesota.

Keep in mind, we had a real PR job to do here to clean up our name in the last year. PJ has been excellent at doing that, and I think it helped several mothers buy in getting their sons to commit here.

That is another great point.

Warranted or not, Minnesota was under the national spotlight for a hot second when the players boycotted the Holiday bowl. The whole dirty laundry was aired for the national to see.

So Fleck's whole "culture" of doing things the right way, was indeed at least partly an answer to that. Somewhat similar to how Kill came in and cleaned up the academic problem of a few years ago.

Glad you agree that you don't possess the credibility to hold an opinion that his opinion is crazy.

You can have whatever opinion you want, but you don't get to pretend that you can dismiss anyone else's opinion, on this topic.

Glad that is settled.

You are a (bad) comedy act. So, I can hold an opinion, but not if that opinion is that someone else's opinion is wrong. Yet, you claim to be Glenn Mason and can do all that. Have a Happy Holiday. I'm done with you.

So, I can hold an opinion, but not if that opinion is that someone else's opinion is wrong.

You can of course claim that someone else's opinion is wrong.

But certainly not that their opinion is crazy ... since you have no clue what you're talking about.

You are a (bad) comedy act. So, I can hold an opinion, but not if that opinion is that someone else's opinion is wrong. Yet, you claim to be Glenn Mason and can do all that. Have a Happy Holiday. I'm done with you.

You should just claim to be Nick Saban, then your opinions will trump all others.

Top Bottom