Clem on Ben Johnson: "I feel for him. You can tell he's a motivated coach. He coaches hard. He just doesn't have enough players...it takes time."

I've said this before in the football forum. Big time college sports is entertainment and big business, nothing more. You do whatever it takes to be successful, or you won't be successful.
I'd never buy anything from you if that's your philosophy of business.

spring portal and improvements in current roster are key

Spring portal time will be quite interesting.

For every spring portal transfer Ben brings in, a player on the current roster has to leave.

TT is a transfer candidate, obviously. So, that would clear one spot.

Any new guy coming in after that would be at the expense of someone leaving. To me, it is hard to sit through a year where the freshmen get their asses kicked while preaching patience and growth and that they're learning and growing and this is how you want to build your program....and, then run those said freshmen off so older transfers can come in.

Like I said, interesting off season.

Spring portal time will be quite interesting.

For every spring portal transfer Ben brings in, a player on the current roster has to leave.

TT is a transfer candidate, obviously. So, that would clear one spot.

Any new guy coming in after that would be at the expense of someone leaving. To me, it is hard to sit through a year where the freshmen get their asses kicked while preaching patience and growth and that they're learning and growing and this is how you want to build your program....and, then run those said freshmen off so older transfers can come in.

Like I said, interesting off season.
Do you include Ramberg keeping the scholarship? You also seem to assume players leaving would be run off if they leave. It’s not a stretch for me to think some may want out of a losing situation.

I agree with the premise that announcing the plan is internal development and then running off players isn’t a good look.

Do you include Ramberg keeping the scholarship? You also seem to assume players leaving would be run off if they leave. It’s not a stretch for me to think some may want out of a losing situation.

I agree with the premise that announcing the plan is internal development and then running off players isn’t a good look.

I have Ramberg not keeping scholarship. Right now, the only outgoing player for next year is Taurus Samuals. We have two incoming players, so one of them will get Ramberg scholarship (I assume).

That leaves any new incoming portal player this spring needing to supplant someone currently on the roster.

And, you're correct, a guy or two might choose to leave on his own for a different situation.

Whatever the situation, it will be an interesting off-season from a portal standpoint.

I am predicting that Ramberg, Cooper, and Battle will not be back next year. Battle is obviously the most important of those three but maybe with the fact that he mostly plays the 3 this year it wouldn’t be terrible to have more athleticism at that position next year.

I am predicting that Ramberg, Cooper, and Battle will not be back next year. Battle is obviously the most important of those three but maybe with the fact that he mostly plays the 3 this year it wouldn’t be terrible to have more athleticism at that position next year.
What would be the over under on average pts per game if Cooper + Battle (and maybe even Garcia leave *pro ball in europe)… 50?

Top Bottom