Class rated 37th by Rivals

The set of numbers you give is real. A set of estimates are not real, they are estimates. You can not add up a bunch of estimates, divide them by 10 and then pretend you have any sort of exact number, certainly not more exact than the original estimates.

In science you work from exact to exact, not estimate to exact.

Just use your head, how can you rank a set numbers based on rounding off the original non data to a set of estimates, averaging them to produce a mean and then say that 3.05 is higher or better than 3.01? Sorry, you can call me all the names you want, but inexact numbers can only produce inexact averages and/or rankings. You are using the so called data to produce WOW differences which the 'data' can not support.

Actually Loon, a set of approximations averaged becomes closer to the truth not further from it. So, yes the decimals have meaning.

Even still, average stars would pale to an average RR (rivals) ranking. That would be a better number to work from when comparing classes.

Actually = You're a dumb ass and let me tell you why.

Nice Schnoodler, feeling a tad frustrated again to the point you need to name call? Am I attacking your gravy train?

The only ranking that really matters past the opinion stage (yours or mine) are found in the number or Big Ten games we win. The rest is about a number of folk who are trying to invent an income off of something totally inexact by trying to pretend it is highly accurate.

If all that matters is the wins then why bother talking about it.

But the last I saw outcomes are determined by inputs and employing those resouces effectively. So there is a lot to talk about. And quantifying and qualifying those inputs is a huge part of the equation and points of discussion. It matters a great deal as far as gopher football is concerned.

Wasn't this thread about where the Gophers recruiting class was rated and not glorying in loon or whatever his current name is?

Certainly calminnfan. Is there any real difference between 26, 37 and 48? Nope. Estimates do not produce exact numbers or rankings. It has nothing to do with me, you, Loon or anyone.

Whereas football games are decided on the football field.

Wasn't this thread about where the Gophers recruiting class was rated and not glorying in loon or whatever his current name is?

You're right Calminn. It's a great day for Minnesota football. That ought to be the only focus and not entertaining odd balls.

Top Bottom