Class of 2023 Elinneus Davis, Moorehead HS Defensive Lineman

Yeah, Danny went to Orono High School. That's metro.
Certainly is. I mean Rogers high school is ~30 minutes away. That’s fringe metro and I think Orono is more so. The metro is a large area when officially calculated for population

Certainly is. I mean Rogers high school is ~30 minutes away. That’s fringe metro and I think Orono is more so. The metro is a large area when officially calculated for population

I wouldn't even call it fringe. Orono High School is 21 miles from Huntington Bank Stadium.

Eden Prairie High School is 21 miles to Huntington Bank Stadium. Wayzata High School is 20 miles from Huntington Bank Stadium. Blaine High School is 21 miles from Huntington Bank Stadium. East Ridge High School is 21 miles from Huntington Bank Stadium. Lakeville North High School is 26 miles from Huntington Bank Stadium. NONE of those are considered fringe metro schools.

I wouldn't even call it fringe. Orono High School is 21 miles from Huntington Bank Stadium.

Eden Prairie High School is 21 miles to Huntington Bank Stadium. Wayzata High School is 20 miles from Huntington Bank Stadium. Blaine High School is 21 miles from Huntington Bank Stadium. East Ridge High School is 21 miles from Huntington Bank Stadium. Lakeville North High School is 26 miles from Huntington Bank Stadium. NONE of those are considered fringe metro schools.
I meant Rogers is fringe metro, to me. I grew up further than that from Minneapolis so just my perspective.

94 from Minneapolis to Monticello is pretty continuous. Some big schools on that path (St Michael, Buffalo have really grow )

Watched the Spuds a few times last fall. He is a solid sized kid but I didn't really notice him disrupting the game like you'd like to see a guy do if he is a B1G level player. Seemed like a solid player and maybe he has added some more explosiveness and strength this winter and can show that at camps but I would imagine that is where he would have to earn an offer.
Would be interesting to compare his film to Schuster's, then, given the criss-cross game being played between the Gophers and Huskies, in these two cases.

Here we go! He is now rated at 0.8638 Composite and ranked #3.

Reese Tripp is now rated at 0.8527 Composite and ranked #4.

Jerome Williams is #2 at 0.8788.

If Jaxon Howard (0.9638) decides to commit to the Gophers, he will be the second-highest ranked Minnesota player to commit to the Gopher after Jeff Jones (0.9712) and ahead of Carter Coughlin (0.9566).

It will also be the first time the top four players in the state will potentially commit to the Gophers. It's early in the season. Other players may move up in the rankings.

Let's keep our fingers crossed on Jaxon Howard.

Last edited:

Here we go! He is now rated at 0.8638 Composite and ranked #3.

Reese Tripp is now rated at 0.8527 Composite and ranked #4.

Jerome Williams is #2 at 0.8788.

If Jaxon Howard (0.9638) decides to commit to the Gophers and will be the second-highest ranked Minnesota player to commit to the Gopher after Jeff Jones, and ahead of Carter Coughlin (0.9566).

It will also be the first time that the top four players in the state will potentially commit to the Gophers. It's early in the season, and other players may move up in the rankings.

Let's keep our fingers crossed on Jaxon Howard.

Don’t the top four in the state have the potential to commit every year?

Don’t the top four in the state have the potential to commit every year?
I think they mean in the sense that it feels like the Gophers are actually in the running for all 4 rather than included as a courtesy/on the list but another school is clearly the favorite.

Top Bottom