Christie watch

You are clueless on Payne.
Fox, Ihnen and JOJ were sharing PT with him he until he improved and then only Fox substituted for him for Big Ten games.
A lot of Ihnen and JOJ's minutes were coming at the 3. They regressed but I wouldn't necessarily put that on Ben.

Fox got better but I'm not sure if that was actually "better" or "healthier".
Peyton Willis took a big leap with CBJ in year 1.
Garcia has really come into his own. I give CBJ credit there.
Payne's improvement were about what I would expect from any FR to SO season with a guy as athletic as Payne.
Carrington - meh. His defense was always decent, it got better. His offense regressed.
Trenton seemed to improve once he left (could just be getting older and worse competition)
Thiam seemed to improve once he left (could just be getting older and worse competition)

I'd say it's a mixed bag for Ben in terms of developing talent.

I hate this move. If you are going to enter the portal, do it early out of respect for your team and coach so that they can fill your spot. This is low IMO.

Edit: If he wants to come back- don't let him. We showcased a young player that was developmental, poor on defense and he runs out on the team and coach. Cam was not a great player last year, but might have been one this coming year.

Last edited:

He is gone...either NBA or another team. If he was going to come back he wouldn't enter the portal.

This wasn't a surprise. Get drafted and make money......or transfer and make more than you do at Minnesota.

Bottom line to compete for top players and to keep top a player we will have to get more NIL opportunity.

Gotta go get the mid level player and hope that they can produce or PAY MORE and get top tier players. Pretty simple formula!!

This wasn't a surprise. Get drafted and make money......or transfer and make more than you do at Minnesota.

Bottom line to compete for top players and to keep top a player we will have to get more NIL opportunity.

Gotta go get the mid level player and hope that they can produce or PAY MORE and get top tier players. Pretty simple formula!!
Plenty of mid level shooters out their. Look what Jack Gohlke did for Oakland.

Yeah that is because they did notvlisten to the evaluation of their game and draftability the NBaA provided, and that was also before NIL. These guys are making money now if they are any good.
Point taken.

Because he hedges everything.
Fair point, but I think many dismiss everything he reports just because "It's Doogie".

He specifically said the coaching staff was preparing as though Christie wasn't coming back. His source had to be someone on the staff itself.

He's been around a while, by default he has had to develop some BS detector.

Two big things he's got right are McCarthy to the Vikes and to the TWolves ownership debacle. As far back as October he said they were sweet on the Michigan QB. Also for several months he's been calling out red flags on Lore-ARod.

I hate this move. If you are going to enter the portal, do it early out of respect for your team and coach so that they can fill your spot. This is low IMO.

Edit: If he wants to come back- don't let him. We showcased a young player that was developmental, poor on defense and he runs out on the team and coach. Cam was not a great player last year, but might have been one this coming year.
This isn't the 20th Century, you are vastly misjudging who has the bargaining power for a player of Christie's ability.

For all we know he may have let the Gopher Coaching Staff of his intentions weeks ago or that this was even a possibility.

Of course it was... Most every player who is a fridge NBA player when they enter the draft they enter the portal... Common sense told you if you had been paying attn this was GOING to happen....
This isn't the 20th Century, you are vastly misjudging who has the bargaining power for a player of Christie's ability.

For all we know he may have let the Gopher Coaching Staff of his intentions weeks ago or that this was even a possibility.

Top Bottom